We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tripsta is a fraud

1 post
Save Topic
tripsta is a fraud

We booked tickets through Tripsta and when the confirmation came it was a confirmation for the wrong flight. We immediately signalled this issue to Tripsta and they answered with a generic email that we must pay the change. We accepted to pay for the change because we had no choice, we needed to fly but then couldn't get them to reply and actually MAKE the change. we called them and it took 50 minutes to go through the change at international call charges! The web application also apparently changed 2 passangers' sexes (out of 4) and they made us pay to change that too! 165 dollars for their mistakes . A quick subsequent google search showed that we were not the only victims and that this is basically a fraud scheme. Spread the word.

148 replies to this topic
Newcastle, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tripsta is a fraud

thanks for the heads up.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tripsta is a fraud

Oh, I hate to be captain obvious, but...

If it was such an absolute NEED for you to fly, why didn't you book directly with the airline? And why didn't you do a quick bit of research first?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,188 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tripsta is a fraud

Spread the word.

=========

The word has already been spread hundreds if not thousands of times on this and other forums. But that's not going to help people like you who are careless and go click click click click buy without doing an ounce of research.

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,366 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tripsta is a fraud

BTW, you do not need to pay to change the 'sex' of the passenger. As long as the names match, MR/MRS etc has no relevance to anyone or the airline either.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: tripsta is a fraud

Just got stung by this dodgy site as well. Wish I had of read this first. The customer service is very poor and had to contact the airlines myself to change my flights. Tripsta then bill us for doing all the work

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,938 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tripsta is a fraud

Just got stung by this dodgy site as well. Wish I had of read this first. The customer service is very poor and had to contact the airlines myself to change my flights. Tripsta then bill us for doing all the work.

=============

Whilst they're a cruddy company, they billed you for their work as they're not a charity.

You didn't expect them to work for free did you?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,831 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tripsta is a fraud

>>>Wish I had of read this first.<<<

So 934willow, have you learned a lesson form this? Will you make sure you look for and read reviews and customer experiences in future before handing your money over? I hope so! At least then some good will come from whatever happened.

Still, Kennydon is quite right. They are not going to work for nothing!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
50,496 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tripsta is a fraud

Unfortunately, almost no one reads such posts, until AFTER they buy.

Such is life.

Fly safely,

Hunt

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: tripsta is a fraud

This company needs to be BANNED!!

Booked and paid for BIZ class on HK airlines from HK to Hanoi.

Two weeks before flight contacted airline to request special diet.

They answered special diets available only in BIZ class.

I told them I HAVE a BIZ class tkt

No, they said, your flight aircraft was changed to a plane with ONLY coach.

Then spent 2 weeks trying to get back difference or get BIZ benefits in lieu.

Tripsta told me to contact HK as they changed plane. HK told me to go to TRIPSTA as they received the money.

Finally TRIPSTA said I'd receive the monet at HK apt in transit.

Went to HK desk in transit - NO, got to TRIPSTA.

Telephoned TRIPSTA from HK airport - they even spoke to HK airlines rep.

TRIPSTA STAFF LIED BLATANTLY IN WRITING AND ON THE PHONE.

I HAVE ALL THE LYING EMAILS TO PROVE THIS.

Tripsta clearly were billed for a coach seat and would not refund.

Totally disgusted and wish there was an ombudsman to go to with this fully documented tale of woe.

TRIPSTA SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COST!!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,053 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tripsta is a fraud

"This company needs to be BANNED!!" - Who do you think has the power to do that. In my view the problem lies with the consumers who use businesses without carrying out any research in advance and the solution also rests with those same consumers.

Reply to: tripsta is a fraud
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted