We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat Reservations all over the place

North Carolina
Level Contributor
176 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Seat Reservations all over the place

I booked a flight- CLT to ARN and return- with SAS. I was able to select seats for all 4 legs at booking, but only the long hauls "stuck."

AA operates the CLT to EWR leg, so I went to their website, paid for a upgraded seat, no problem.

UA operates the ORD to CLT leg, so again, I went to their website and paid for an upgrade.

On my SAS reservation, the new seats do not show. When I check-in for my flight, will the AA and UA seats be there? I have to check luggage, so I will be checking in at the airports. Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat Reservations all over the place

This is fairly typical for codeshare flights. I fly many BA/AA codeshares and the seating is always a problem, just check your booking on the UA and AA sites from time to time and if you see any changes to your seat contact them directly.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat Reservations all over the place

You must have booked through a third party. UA and AS aren't even in the same alliance.

Edited: 22 August 2017, 20:07
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seat Reservations all over the place

Typo. Meant AA.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,795 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seat Reservations all over the place

"You must have booked through a third party."

---

Why would that be? Reply one gives a similar example, and that happens when booking direct on either BA/AA.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seat Reservations all over the place

Because one leg is on UA.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,795 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seat Reservations all over the place

The Op says they booked with SAS. I've just done a couple of dummy bookings too on the SAS website, and that is giving connecting options on both AA (AA1160) and UA (UA3665 operated by Republic).

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seat Reservations all over the place

>>On my SAS reservation, the new seats do not show. When I check-in for my flight, will the AA and UA seats be there?<

Yes, similar seat seeing problem I had when booking different airlines on multiple segments. No worry, your chosen seats on AA, UA should stick if there is no change in plane type or schedule etc... Just monitor those on AA and UA websites. There is not a good way yet for different airlines to share data.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
176 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seat Reservations all over the place

R-Squared I booked on SAS. Not sure why you would tell me I didn't do a thing I actually just did, but thanks anyway.

I'm not new to flying.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
176 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seat Reservations all over the place

Steve and amatrip- thanks for your helpful replies!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seat Reservations all over the place

We were flying to Munich last month, with our first flight on UA though as a code share on LH. Next flight was on LH. Return trip was all UA. so for the all UA legs (including the code share), we selected our seats for free and could see all of the seat assignments except the LH flight on UA's website.. On LH, our reservations had a different PRN than on UA, but we could see the seats assignments for both of the outbound flights, but none of the return, even though the flights were listed. You basically need to monitor each airline's website as code shares seem to complicate matters.

Reply to: Seat Reservations all over the place
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted