We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin America first class

Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin America first class

I am still weighing some options to fly roundtrip between San Diego and San Francisco. And I'm trying to maximize my experience. Does Virgin America offer priority baggage handling for first class passengers like other airlines? I will be on a tight schedule upon arrival in SFO

4 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,956 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin America first class

There is nothing on their website that mentions priority baggage but even if they do I have found from my experience with other carriers that it doesn't always work - you are reliant of the baggage handling agents who are not normally airline employees.

Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin America first class

Virgin America is part of Alaska Airlines. Alaska has a 20 minute bag guarentee, but I don't know if it is in effect on Virgin or not.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
50,358 posts
1,670 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin America first class

Cannot help with VX/AS, but Priority Baggage works so,etime, but not others. As an example, last week UA LAX-PHX, our first bag was about #3 onto the carousel, while our second was 4th from the last. To quote Chief Dan George, "sometimes the magic works, and sometimes it doesn't'."

For sometime now, we refer to the tags, as "the dreaded Priority stickers."

Now, if they offer, say X bags free, or similar, that would be different.

Also, with the VX-AS merger, not sure how this might/might not apply: https://www.cnbc.com/id/47905842

Good luck,

Hunt

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
57,448 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin America first class

It is a one hour flight and many short haul flights into sfo get delayed due to weather in Summer and Winter so don't plan a fixed time event soon after in SF

Given the nature of these flights unless it is Summer or vacation time most folks will have cabin baggage so for a small plane your bags will all come out within a few minutes of each other

Reply to: Virgin America first class
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted