We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too good to be true?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Too good to be true?

can anyone tell me if flightsupermarket.co.uk are a legit company. having difficulty finding reviews- and how do I check if they are ATOL protected (apart from their logo). Looking at Flights from Heathrow to Delhi in February. Thanks

20 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
6,068 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too good to be true?

Just there name gives me the suspicion to not use them.

UK
Level Contributor
8,969 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too good to be true?

ATOL protection only applies to package holidays, not to flights.

But... are you sure this company even exists? Their web site redirects to a "domain name for sale" page

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too good to be true?

its actually flightssupermarket.co.uk but I did think it was sus as I couldnt find any reviews.

4. Re: Too good to be true?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 October 2017, 09:05

bristol UK
Level Contributor
160 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too good to be true?

There is a web site under flightssupermarket (two s in the middle)

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
10,215 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too good to be true?

So let me ask you this sussexJo, how do you think they make their money? They have no special discount rate for tickets from airlines as airlines stopped that practice many years ago. There is no cheap airfare fairy.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Too good to be true?

Thank you

UK
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Too good to be true?

If you have to ask, the answer is usually yes.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,843 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Too good to be true?

They look amateurish with some rather odd (or at least not properly proof read) English. They don't quote an ATOL number - I can't find a listing for them though they will claim its their holding company which has one in which case why not show it - and have also just copied and pasted an IATA logo and I doubt their prices are live anyway.

What could possibly go wrong in other words. Move along and either book direct with the airline or use a reputable third party.

Edited: 14 October 2017, 17:17
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
40,911 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Too good to be true?

Atol protection applies to more than packages, but to get an Atol protected flight you need to book via an agent that holds one. This company doesn't but says their suppliers do. You've no way of checking that though until after you've booked. Just a look at their website would stop me from using them, even if they did hold an Atol.

Reply to: Too good to be true?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted