Hi can i have some advice please
Booked a weekend away for my friend and i traveling on fri 6th oct - tues 10th oct i recieved a text on monday 9th at 3pm to tell me my flight on the 10th at 21.30 was cancelled.
Options were get a refund or book another flight. Next available flight was a week later!
That was not an option so looked at other ways of getting home. We chose a flight with easyjet flying out on fri 13th at 10:15am. We also needed to get to another airport to depart which was 2 hours away. This was our only choice as there was nothing flying out before these date.
I have kept all receipts and have put in for a claim, i did this when i was away and decided to ask for my refund when i got back to england as i was worried other problems may arrise.
Now home iam not sure where i stand as when i made the claim i asked for money for the new flights and transfer and compo for food and accommodation. Not for a refund for the original flight.
It will be a week tomorrow and not sure if i should follow the link on ryanair website to claim refund as it only says send in 1 claim.
I have had different people give me advise about wether i will get anything back from ryanair (as it was a strike) so just thinking may be i should just settle for the refund on the ticket.
Do i have a time limit on asking for a refund?
This has caused a lot of stress and we were not planning on staying those extra 2 days and felt really let down and on our own.
Ryanair were not available for live chat, telephone calls and still now i am home feel that they let us down.
I have travel insurance with insure and go and they have advised me to make a claim and estimate £60. As u can guess this has cost a lot more than £60.
Please offer any advice
Many thanks sue