We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amenity bag in premium Tui flights

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Amenity bag in premium Tui flights

Has anyone flown TUI dreamliner premium class recently? we have just returned from Mexico and didn't get the free rituals amenity bag. on the outbound flight they said we would get it on the inbound flight yet on the inbound flight they said they have had to send them all back for re-branding? know its not much but love to get those little bags!

9 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amenity bag in premium Tui flights

I would definitely write to the CEO of TUI and complain and insist that you get your goody bag Friday would be a good day to write as that is a slow day in the office

South of England
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amenity bag in premium Tui flights

I don't think you missed much

ebay.co.uk/itm/…

Skipton, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amenity bag in premium Tui flights

Sorry about you not getting you bag! can you tell me how was the Dreamliner experience in total please? we are flying to Mexico with them in January and just not sure what to expect.. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amenity bag in premium Tui flights

It’s a plane which gets you from A to B. I like their premium cabin but it’s larger than PE on most other airlines. All of the seats have decent pitch and width and have a decent degree of comfort. With Cancun, just remember to have cash set aside for your exit fee as you leave. TUI doesn’t include it in the holiday price.

UK
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amenity bag in premium Tui flights

At the end of the day it’s just another plane, please don’t get drawn into the hype that surrounds the Dreamliner, the amenity kit is not that good anyway.

Skipton, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amenity bag in premium Tui flights

For me the plane is as important as the rest of my holiday, especially if I'm going to be on it for 12h at the time. The holiday for me starts as soon as that taxi picks me up in the morning. Was hoping more for ideas on what food to expect and drinks, movies etc. as well excited about it!!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,684 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amenity bag in premium Tui flights

"Was hoping more for ideas on what food to expect and drinks, movies etc. as well excited about it!!"

==========

For movies, look over on the right hand side of the page (on the full site ) and at the bottom of the Top Questions, deliberately at the bottom to make it easy to find, is a traveler article listing the currently available TUI movie list.

If your flight is Feb and beyond I'm afraid you'll have to wait.

If you Google "Thomson Dreamliner" and look at the videos you'll see plenty of videos from passengers showing both the premium and economy cabins.

Edited: 29 December 2017, 13:46
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,219 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amenity bag in premium Tui flights

Has TUI carried over the Thomson tradition of including silk pajamas, and either a dressing gown, or smoking jacket in the amenity kit to Mexico?

Fly safely,

Hunt

manchester
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amenity bag in premium Tui flights

Jhon137 I have flown on the Dreamliner a few times and have to say it’s very good. It’s very noticeable that you don’t feel as tired when you get to your destination as when you fly on other aircraft. This is especially helpful for us Brits heading to Mexico because it helps you to stay awake on your first day to get your sleep pattern into the new time zone. This for me is the biggest perk of the Dreamliner.

The seats are quite narrow in economy which can be a tad uncomfortable (and I’m a size 10-12 so not exactly huge). The leg room is good. Food is pretty standard for a long haul with a hot meal served around 3 hours into the flight and a snack served 90 minutes before landing. Drinks are free but they can run out as they don’t restock the trolley for the return flight so I would recommend taking a couple of bottles of water from duty free just in case. Films are ok, a few recent ones and the rest older ones but you should find something to keep you busy.

Premium is excellent. Food is a bit better in quality and drinks are much more free flowing. Films are the same as economy. Seats are much wider (makes it much more comfortable) and leg room is better than economy, although economy leg room should be fine for anyone under about 6 foot 3.

In general yes it’s a plane that gets you from A to B and the service and standard of the cabin isn’t dissimilar from other aircraft. However the oxygen levels really do make a dramatic difference (or at least they do to me and my other half) which means less time getting over jet lag and more time enjoying your holiday! Enjoy Mexico, it’s an amazing place!

Reply to: Amenity bag in premium Tui flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted