We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
4 reviews
Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

I want to fly Vancouver BC to Dublin with reasonable ease and comfort.

I will avoid the US and would prefer to stay away from LHR.

Certainly anything over 8 hours in the air and I would do premium economy, even though it doubles the price in this case.

What I am wondering is if the Westjet, YVR, YYZ, YYT, DUB, with minimal layovers would be tolerable in economy

12 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,082 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

'What I am wondering is if the Westjet, YVR, YYZ, YYT, DUB, with minimal layovers would be tolerable in economy' The actual flights may be tolerable, but the time taken to travel will be more than twice that if you were to fly to LHR and then to DUB.

As well, booking 'minimal layovers' could be asking for problems. A through ticket would give you protected connections but should you miss a flight along the way availablity thereafter may not be on the next flight or one the next day. If you plan to check a bag then connecting in Toronto and St John's means twice the potential of a bag going astray.

Your reasons for wanting to avoid Heathrow are your own, and that's fine, but in terms of reasonable ease it makes the most sense to fly to LHR and then go through Flight Connections for a BA or EI flight to DUB. Given the options of AC's jam packed (10 across in Economy) 777 or BA's 747 I'd choose the latter. If it's to be Premium Economy AC's fares were higher than BA's when I checked for a date in spring next year, but the PE product is decent enough with both airlines.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

TravellerPlus;

Thanks for your feedback but;

"The actual flights may be tolerable, but the time taken to travel will be more than twice that if you were to fly to LHR and then to DUB,"

That's not what I am seeing;

AC, Van-Lon-Dub and WestJet with 1-2 hours in TO and SJ are both in the 16-17 hour range.

Luggage loss is not a concern.

Carry on.

;)

Edited: 18 October 2017, 18:46
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

When are you flying? AC Rouge fly YVR-DUB direct/non-stop, but only in the summer.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

jrc...

Probably May but I don't see any direct AC flights May, June or July.

Funny, I always thought the sign painter got it wrong.

I've been reading Rogue.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

This year they flew the route in June. Re Rouge/Rogue, ha. I've never flown them but have only read bad things about them. In saying that, I would choose any direct/non-stop flight over any indirect flight.

See this link about their 2017 schedule:

routesonline.com/news/…

And I can see direct flights on their website for June 2018.

6. Re: Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 October 2017, 19:47

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,167 posts
80 reviews
7. Re: Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

What about Icelandair? You Can also build in a stopover in Reykjavik if you fancied seeing Iceland.

Premium Economy from CAD$2330 and the longest flight segment is under 8 hours.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,531 posts
65 reviews
8. Re: Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

Wow! Is that load legal? Ha!

WestJet flies non stop to LGW with a connection to Aer Lingus. That would have you avoiding LHR.

https:/…YVRDUB

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5,078 posts
432 reviews
9. Re: Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

You might look at the link below, put in your flight information and see what comes up. Icelandair has a flight from YVR to KEF with approximately a 1h30m layover, this might be what you are looking for I looked at May 16 and the one way airfare is CAD $396.00 for economy and CAD$1167.00 for PE

https:/…YVRDUB

Edited: 18 October 2017, 20:40
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.

Lots of good quick suggestions here and I thank you.

Iceland...hmmmmmm...sounds interesting.

Reply to: Vancouver BC to Dublin, seat class.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted