We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two different airlines to final destination

6 posts
Save Topic
Two different airlines to final destination

Hi I Am a Pakistani Citizen get mexico residence visa but not availeble any flght from Pakistan to Mexico directly so i apply for my transit airport spain visa now i get my visa aswell so now i buy 2 tickets Pakistan to Spain And 2nd One Spain to Mexico but its differnet airline so its any problem or i trevel normaly its 7 hour layover time in madrid spain

please help so much confusion

8 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,219 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two different airlines to final destination

For me, even on separate tickets/airlines, that 7 hr layover would work - even with the manual luggage transfer.

Fly safely,

Hunt

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,797 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Two different airlines to final destination

Is your question whether seven hours is enough time to change planes at Madrid? Or whether you're going to have a problem using a transit visa when you've booked flights on separate airlines? Or something else?

6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two different airlines to final destination

yes sir first 7 hours is enough or not ? then i want to know my first ticket is qatar airline and 2nd one is air europa thats fine ?

6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two different airlines to final destination

thank you so much for your reply sir

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,249 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two different airlines to final destination

Do you posess a transit visa or a Schengen visitor visa?

6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Two different airlines to final destination

Sir i have a Airport Transit visa for spain

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,249 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two different airlines to final destination

Well since it sounds like you have two separate tickets, you have two potential serious problems with a transit visa only. First, if you have checked luggage and it won't be checked thru to Mexico then you won't be able to collect your bags and check them in for your next flight. Your visa only allows an airside non-Schengen to non-Schengen international transfer.

Your second problem could be boarding your flight in Pakistan. For that airline your destination is Spain and not Mexico. For them you don't have the proper documentation for a flight terminating in Spain. You will have to ask that airline if they will accept your separate ticket to Mexico as proof of onward travel in combination with your transit visa.

Edited: 23 November 2017, 14:37
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Two different airlines to final destination

Thank you so much sir same thing i also confuse for that but today i visit all the travel agencies here then i found a way i book Turkish Airline For Pakistan To Madrid And then Air Europa for madrid to mexico both airlines are partners so now i think its fine coz agent give me all boarding pass here and i get my beg back in mexico now just a problem layover its very long 22 hours at Madrid airport but i dodnt have any option.

Reply to: Two different airlines to final destination
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted