We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

Is Royal Brunei Airlines strict with their baggage allowance, both with the carry-on and checked baggage? I'm flying from Melbourne this week. Should I repack or just hope for the best?

13 replies to this topic
Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

I think even flying economy out of Melbourne you can bring 30 kg of checked baggage. If you're travelling for leisure that would seem quite generous. How much overweight is your bag?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,874 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

Assume they will be, then you'll have no worries.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
689 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

Here is the information of baggage allowance: https:/…

4. Re: Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 November 2017, 10:22

Level Contributor
6,076 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

"Is Royal Brunei Airlines strict with their baggage allowance"

Unless the airline has explicitly stated the rules about baggage allowances don't apply to you, why do you feel you can have free reign to do what you like? Keep within the limits and you wont need to post silly questions like this one.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

>>> Unless the airline has explicitly stated the rules about baggage allowances don't apply to you, why do you feel you can have free reign to do what you like? Keep within the limits and you wont need to post silly questions like this one.<<<

It really is this simple.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

>>Fom their website shows 23 kg checked-in baggage per person , 7 kg cabin baggage<<

From Melbourne (where the OP is from) it's a 30kg checked baggage allowance for all economy ticket types (RB Saver, Value, and Flexi) and 40kg for business - I would have thought that was more than enough to be schlepping about and probably no need to go over (unless she's packing kettlebells).

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,087 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

The luggage allowance policy of Royal Brunei is not merely a suggestion or a request to passengers so expect to pay if you bring more than what your ticket is entitled to.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

Thanks everyone for answering. I've read the baggage policy on the airline website and know I have 30kgs for checked baggage and 7kgs for carry-on. I just want to ask if anyone has real experience with the airline. Of course the best thing is to comply with the rules, but I just want to know how strict Royal Brunei is. My luggage is currently 1-2kgs overweight. I don't know if I should repack or just go with it. Also, I'm not just traveling for leisure so 30kgs is just barely enough to me.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,282 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance

Look st the excess baggage fees for your trip and decide if you're happy to pay them or not. If not ditch those 2 kgs

Reply to: Royal Brunei Baggage Allowance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted