We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Airlines uneven service

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
572 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish Airlines uneven service

Just returned on an international flight from Istanbul to Miami. We travelled business class because of the distance and to relax after a long tour. Our flight over from Miami was excellent with service that was better than most airlines. Comfortable seats that became beds, and good food.

Coming back last night was the exact opposite. We asked for a pillow and were told “ after we take off”. That did not happen. Meal was served ( tasteless) and still no pillows. I finally just found the bedding sets ourselves. The attendant we had was awful. She never came by to even collect the dirty linens from the first meal service. Also on the flight over, the attendant placed all the bedding in the seats before we left the gate. This one last night never even asked if we wanted a blanket.Okay, I sound spoiled!but when we pay extra for businesss class tickets, on what is supposed to be Europe’s best airline, I expect better service around.

I was not feeling particularly well after a yucky meal, and a noisy flight and asked for tea and a plain piece of bread at the next meal service. It took 35 minutes and three request to get a roll. Unbelievable. I just think the gal on our side of the plane was lazy. We saw others getting better service.

Very rough flight over all, as we hit lots of severe turbulence several times, but that cannot be helped. The worst part was the amount of small children in our business class cabin! I realize it’s not the airlines fault, but I really need to vent. I sound like a snob, but who brings three kids under the age of 4 years old ( two still in diapers) into business class seats? Screaming and yelling in the row right behind us, more than halfway through the 13 hour flight. it was a nanny with them, and the parents were in the next cabin behind us, probably relaxing. Also an additional 5 children, a bit older, but still chattering loudly into the night when adults were attempting to get some sleep! Must be a whole new world where people can afford to buy all these business fares for munchkins.

14 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,614 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Airlines uneven service

Do you know that TripAdvisor has an airline review section? You can post this either as two reviews (one for each flight) or as both together.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Airline_Review-d…

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
572 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Airlines uneven service

Thanks I did not know that

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,828 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish Airlines uneven service

You could also post reviews on Skytrax.

London
Level Contributor
9,017 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish Airlines uneven service

Cabin crew attitude, no matter which class of travel, can make the difference between good and bad flight. There is a previous thread debating children travelling in business class.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
572 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish Airlines uneven service

Children in business class in general? Or specifically Turkish airlines? I just read another comment about the cabin crew not controlling economy from just taking open seats elsewhere. I'm beginning to suspect this is what happened and that perhaps some quick cash exchanged hands to put those screaming babies into business seats!!

London
Level Contributor
9,017 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish Airlines uneven service

The previous thread related to Cathay but discussion led on to children in business class in general. This is link:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,899 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish Airlines uneven service

.Okay, I sound spoiled!but when we pay extra for businesss class tickets, on what is supposed to be Europe’s best airline, I expect better service around.

-----

I strongly dispute they are the best. I know they won that Skytrax award, but those awards are a bit suspicious in the first place.

I can think of other European airlines I would rather be on.

Level Contributor
1,467 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkish Airlines uneven service

Sorry but there are plenty of people who can pay for business class for their children without any “cash” changing hands. If someone can pay for their children or have miles for their children to fly business class more power to them. They have just as much right to do so as you do.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,830 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turkish Airlines uneven service

I don't regard them as 'European' and they are not even close to a 'best airline'.

Sorry but don't believe the hype. And you can get screaming kids in any class on any airline. Get over it or fly netjets.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turkish Airlines uneven service

Let me summarise the complaint for Marla:

tasteless food, no pillows, severe turbulences, <<small children in our business class cabin>>, <<chattering loudly into the night >>, <<She never came by to even collect the dirty linens from the first meal service.>>

In short, complaints about twice nothing.

Unless you pay for your own jet, it is not <<your>> business class.

Turbulences are uncomfortable, pilots try to avoid them, but... And could it be that therefore the seat belt sign was on and also the crew was sitting and hence your linen stayed a bit longer than originally planned and the pillow did not come?

Reply to: Turkish Airlines uneven service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted