We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage pooling on Ryanair

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Baggage pooling on Ryanair

I have a bag that weighs 25kg. If I buy two bags to check in (each one 20kg), will I be able to check in this bag without fees? In other words, can I pool the weight of two purchased bags in order to check in one bag that is more than 20kg? I would really appreciate anyone\'s advice on this. Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,888 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Baggage pooling on Ryanair

Baggage pooling is allowed between passengers on the same booking although the 20kg limit per bag till applies - as far as I'm aware a single passenger cannot exceed the 20kg limit for a bag without incurring extra fees even if you were to purchase 2 checked bags.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,365 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Baggage pooling on Ryanair

Have you asked them on Live Chat for a definitive answer because that's what I'd do?

If there's more than one on the booking then you can pool

"For example: If two friends travelling on the same booking purchase two 15kg checked bags, one of them can check-in a bag weighing 17kg and the other can check-in a bag weighing 13kg, as long as the total paid checked baggage allowance is not exceeded."

There aren't any 15kg bags anymore but the same principle applies as. Max bag weight is 32kg.

If there's only one then you've no one to pool with so I'm not sure. I've booked 4 bags and taken 3 but that was between 2 of us. I asked on Live Chat to make sure it was ok.

Edited: 21 January 2018, 09:53
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
3. Re: Baggage pooling on Ryanair

Thank you for the suggestions. I indeed asked them on the live chat. They said that I can book two 20 kg bags and combine their weight, but none of the bags can be more than 32 kg.

Reply to: Baggage pooling on Ryanair
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted