We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid recovery letter from GP

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
61 reviews
64 helpful votes
Covid recovery letter from GP

Hi, has anyone from UK who is travelling to USA managed to get a covid recovery letter from their GP ?

Thanks Suzi

4 posts
41. Re: Covid recovery letter from GP

So my update : just flew from Brussels to New York and had no issues whatsoever.

The recovery letter which I wrote up myself stating that i have no symptoms and that i have met the criteria to end isolation had my GP sign it for free and was done. The airline didn't even read it, just looked at it and gave it back. No letter of attestation is needed from you personally, that is done at the airport by the airline digitally, they just ask you a few questions so they can fill it out properly. Most important part was to have a fully completed vaccination.

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
35,949 posts
54 reviews
26 helpful votes
42. Re: Covid recovery letter from GP

Nice to know you slipped through the cracks. I hope others that try this will be equally as lucky.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
43. Re: Covid recovery letter from GP

Was there any questions about when you last tested positive - i.e did you have to declare the positive test was more than a certain amount of days ago?

England
Level Contributor
42 posts
33 reviews
34 helpful votes
44. Re: Covid recovery letter from GP

Hi, just wondered if you had any joy getting a covid recovery letter for travel to the USA and if so where did you get it from? I’m currently recovering from Covid and fly on 7th Jan 2022. I’m absolutely fed up now as my GP has refused to do a letter and I just feel like cancelling!!! Thanks in advance

England
Level Contributor
42 posts
33 reviews
34 helpful votes
45. Re: Covid recovery letter from GP

Hi, just wondered if you had any joy getting a covid recovery letter for travel to the USA and if so where did you get it from? I’m currently recovering from Covid and fly on 7th Jan 2022. I’m absolutely fed up now as my GP has refused to do a letter and I just feel like cancelling! I am more than happy to pay whatever the cost but want confidence that I’m paying money to a reputable company. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
26 reviews
7 helpful votes
46. Re: Covid recovery letter from GP

What did you do, did you get a letter?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
61 reviews
64 helpful votes
47. Re: Covid recovery letter from GP

Hi,

Just to let you all know, our GP offered to write us a letter at the cost of £40 per person, however we decided to take the antigen test required for travel to USA. We took several before we left for the airport which were all negative, we took the official test at Manchester airport ,collinson walk through test centre. It was a very efficient service, both of our tests were negative, we waited 45 mins , and they printed out the results and certificate.

We had all the required paperwork printed out , and after weeks of worry and stress found the whole flight process very straightforward.

Suzi

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
35,949 posts
54 reviews
26 helpful votes
48. Re: Covid recovery letter from GP

Big thank you for coming back with your update.

Most do not. So thank you for putting a good result to your thread.

I am sure it will help others.

C A
1 post
49. Re: Covid recovery letter from GP

Hi Nikki, in same situation. What did you do in the end?

4 posts
50. Re: Covid recovery letter from GP

Is anyone on this thread a US permanent resident or citizen ? We are visiting from the US and are due to return on 7th Jan and tested positive for covid during our Xmas vacation here in the UK. We will be past our isolation period when we are due to fly but obviously we aren't registered with a GP here in the UK. Any advice ?? Thanks

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.