We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airline is best to Australia/New Zealand?

Minnesota
5 posts
Save Topic
Which airline is best to Australia/New Zealand?

There are 6 of us (Senior citizens)traveling from MSP to Sydney, Australia and returning from Aukland NZ. Please comment on which airline is best for us (Air New Zealand or Air Tahiti Nui)?

Thank You in advance.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which airline is best to Australia/New Zealand?

from what i have heard ATN have a good service ethic and look after their pax well. the downside of their trans pacific trip is apparently the stopover in tahiti where the transit lounge is not all that customer friendly.

with anz u stop over in auckland on the way to sydney. transit thru this airport is a breeze.

i have flown anz a lot. generally they have good seat pitch, reasonable food and helpful and attentive crews. they also have premium economy if u r willing to cough up the extra $.

guess u would travel from msp to lax with ua to meet up with anz. it should be possible to get your boarding passes for the entire journey and your baggage interlined under these circumstances (both star alliance) which will reduce the "travel stress" a little.

check out www.airlinequality.com" for airline reviews.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
10,018 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which airline is best to Australia/New Zealand?

Try the Kangaroo airline

Mission Viejo, CA...
Level Contributor
616 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which airline is best to Australia/New Zealand?

Flew with Air New Zealand and thought they were great. The airline has a real "NZ" feel to it too. Service was really good with flight attendants very helpful. Check in was efficient and the planes were excellent with new on demand video screens at every seat. They also have some of the nicest lounges if you are Star Alliance Gold.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which airline is best to Australia/New Zealand?

Air New Zealand has a reasonably good reputation for service, and a very good reputation for maintenance. It also flies direct to the US without stopovers on various Pacific Islands. Seat pitch is a little more generous than some, but it has been squeezed recently. Haven't flown with a US airline for years but it's better than most Asian airlines. Auckland airport is very friendly, and easy to transit. I would stick to the big airlines for a trip like this. My wife had a stopover in Fiji once, and was bitten fiercely by mosquitoes in the short walk from the plane to the transit lounge. She couldn't wear her shoes for six months.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which airline is best to Australia/New Zealand?

I also wouLD suggest ANZ! I have never ever had a bad experience flying with them.

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which airline is best to Australia/New Zealand?

My suggestion would be for ANZ as well.

They are an excellent airline. The FA's are very helpful and attentive throughout the flight and the leg room even in ecconomy is very good (34" I believe).

In flight meals are very nice and the seat back entertainment is fantastic.

Cant recommend them highly enough.

Hope you have a great holiday

7. Re: Which airline is best to Australia/New Zealand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 18:16