We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

On a cloud.....
5 posts
Save Topic
Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

'Too Pretty to Fly'

First, a 23-year-old waitress got booted off a Southwest Airlines flight. Now, two 18-year-olds claim they were discriminated against for being too pretty. And like clockwork, "too pretty to fly" took off.

-msn.com

Wow I really did thing that Paris Hilton would be the fist to say "too pretty to fly" but no it was to co-eds who were cussing out an old man on an airplane! Just because they happen to be appealing they think it was discrimination!!!! OK when has being pretty had anything to do with it?? They are acting like it's some kind of "race". Could you imagine filling your taxes and when it comes to race the category says:

White

Black

Asian

Pretty

Spanish

That’s ridiculous!

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,567 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

Ah, that explains why I fly so much!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

I saw these girls featured on the news the other day. My wife found it hilarious, all I could think of was 'get over yourselves'.

OK so if you want to believe you are too pretty then fine, but I can't understand why anyone would have the lack of sense to inform the mainstream media about it.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,224 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

PUHlease!!!! I do not understand why any news organization even reported this story?????

My husband watched and kept muttering,"BUT they are not pretty!'

On a cloud.....
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

I know it's on MSN! Hello there is a war going on, we are about to slip in to a resession and it's election year! They could find something eles to talk about!!!!!!!!

On a cloud.....
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

"skank Airline" now boarding!

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

these girls must have low self esteem.

CGN
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

I was suprised that this even made the news.....

Come-on, these ladies were not even "Pretty".

I believe in treat everyone the way you want to be treated and I guess they did not understand that.

To walk on a plane and ask for bottle water without a medical need and expect the flight attendent to respond with something other than they did I don't think is discrimination. This whole story is carzy and to think we are resopnding to it is just as crazy.....

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,567 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

I think there is a superfluous "R" in that headline!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

My boredom threshold is too low to have read the article but "Nice one WV."

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,920 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Too Pretty to Fly!!! OMG

Obviously not frequent flyers, nor overly gifted with higher cortical functioning. If they had had any sense at all, they would have known that DYKWIA behaviour with respect to a bottle of water on a LCC is right out - DYKWIA is far, far more appropriate with respect to a bottle of champagne when flying in J or F on a full service legacy carrier.

(snickers with derision)

I doubt that flights in J or F will be extant in the future of these two p^etty women, though.