We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad:- Manchester-Abu Dhabi

liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Etihad:- Manchester-Abu Dhabi

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the type of aircraft used on this route and also the seat configuration in economy ?

Many Thanks.

Mark.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Etihad:- Manchester-Abu Dhabi

Usually its a Airbus A330-200. Seating in economy is 2-4-2 and towards the back where the body narrows it becomes 2-3-2.

I don't know Etihads planes specifically but general advice on the A330-200 is to avoid the centre seats in the first row of 2-3-2. You'll get a crick in your neck trying to look at the TV as it's in the back of the seat in front of you and so offset from your seat.

Pic here:

airliners.net/photo/…1311161

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Etihad:- Manchester-Abu Dhabi

5 times, hopefully 6 soon!!

Have you looked on there website?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Etihad:- Manchester-Abu Dhabi

Unfortuneately Etihad doesnt have their plane seat configuration on their site .. they say it is coming soon but doesnt seem to appear

They also dont appear on seat guru

But I phoned them direct for my recent flight and booked our seats before we checked in

They will tell you the seat configuration and help choose a good seat

We sat down the back (in case the plane wasnt full and we could stretch out) but 3 times out of 4 we had to have fish as they had run out of first choices

Abbey

liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Etihad:- Manchester-Abu Dhabi

Thanks for all the info folks.I've tried Etihad,seat guru,lovemyseat.com & airlinequality.com and still none the wiser ! Travelling to Abu Dhabi in June & been allocated 25 A+C,just wanted to know about the position & more importantly are they together ! Looks like i'll have to try the 'phone.

With a bit of luck Rousey i'll have to change my name to "sixtimesbaby" !!

Thanks again

Mark.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Etihad:- Manchester-Abu Dhabi

Yes A & C are together. Seats are designated:

A C - D E F G - H K

As for row number, I'm not familiar with Etihad's configuration but on most A330-200's row 25 will be in the forward part of the economy cabin. I'll put money on it being one of the over wing seats, in front of the loos and the emergency exits.

6. Re: Etihad:- Manchester-Abu Dhabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 12:18