We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet Blue (America)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
Save Topic
Jet Blue (America)

Hi,

Does anyone have any first hand experience flying this airline?

Your thoughts? I'm happy if they get me there in one piece and on time :-)

I am flying Las Vegas to NYC & they appear to be one of the few to fly out of McCarran to JFK direct (AFAIK). Otherwise I'm going to have to back track to SFO and then fly our of there to JFK- adding atleast 3 hours to the trip.

Any info would be great.

TIA

adelaide

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet Blue (America)

In general, most Americans are happy campers when it comes to flying jetBlue.

They have inflight live television; and, you get all the munchies you want. If you want to eat, bring a sandwich with you.

Of course, if you fly with a connection, via multiple cities, you can get frequent flyer miles in whatever airline you fly instead of jetBlue.

FYI, American, Delta, and USAirways also offer non-stop service between LAS and JFK. Check their pricing on www.kayak.com

Gulfport, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet Blue (America)

JetBlue is my favorite domestic airline. They would be my choice of the airlines flying this route. Not that you asked <grin>, but USAir would be last on my list (right after hitchhiking).

Be warned that McCarran is often a zoo. Be prepared for long lines.

Paul

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
597 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet Blue (America)

Absolutely, they are fine. Very comfortable aircraft, live tv at each seat, fresh younger attitude, etc. They will get you there in one piece. As far as on time, going into JFK you are always at the mercy of air traffic control and it will be the same no matter which carrier you choose.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet Blue (America)

Good to hear positive feedback so thank-you!

OK so I'll have to expect (read: count on) getting in a little late to JFK but for about $100 who's complaining?

By chance have any of you flown in one of their so-called "more legroom" seats? Seems very attractive for a longish flight. I understand they charge extra for that - no worries. Appears to be very good value ($15? for this flight length?). I'm 5'8" and the other half is over 6' and, er, chunky so we're up for it :-)

Thanks again.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,582 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet Blue (America)

"Be warned that McCarran is often a zoo. Be prepared for long lines.

"

LOL - They're flying to JFK, arguably one of the worst airports in the US - they will want to return to LAS and kiss the tarmac after dealing with JFK! :)

Seriously, I've never found McCarran to be that bad except for Sunday mornings and the days when a huge convention ends and all 100,000+ attendees try to schedule their flights out at the same time.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet Blue (America)

JetBlue is my favorite domestic airline and it's definitely worth paying the little bit extra for the extra legroom.

Have a great trip!

Gulfport, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet Blue (America)

IrishFan:

Yes, they are flying INTO JFK. So, there is nothing they can do about the congestion there. Since they are flying OUT of Las Vegas, I thought it might be nice to warn them to get there early.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet Blue (America)

We've flown JetBlue to and from Vegas a couple of times and IMO it's a better service than the main airlines. Leather seats, screen back TVs, decent snacks and soft drinks free, headsets free, cheap fares - what's not to love!!

As people have already said, security lines in McCarran can be very long. I'd err on the side of caution as there's plenty to do in McCarran after you've cleared security.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
632 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jet Blue (America)

Sorry to hijack, Adelaide, but may as well post here instead of a new thread.

Does anyone know how far in advance I can book seats on Jetblue or Virgin America for travel in December/January. At the moment I cant seem to get prices beyond about October for these carriers, but can for the leagcies.

I am looking at IAD-LAS amonst other routes.

In Oz, LCC's allow bookings 12 months in adavnce usually.

Sydney, AU
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jet Blue (America)

I have flown Jetblue from JFK to LAS. They are better than most "legacy airlines" in the US.

I know the cost of upgrading to the more legroom seats is not much. However, if you have flown from Australia to Las Vegas in economy (at least 12 to 14 hours flying tim), you will find that Jetblue has more leg room and wider seats than any airline that will fly you from Australia to Las Vegas in economy.

Details to compare can be found at:

seatguru.com

Cheers