We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round The World Ticket

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
495 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Round The World Ticket

Hi,

Do most round the world tickets say you can only have so many stop overs?

If so does any one know how many these are?

Also are you only allowed so many stop overs in the same country?

I did a round the world trip last year and I had 2 stops in USA, 1 stop on Asia and 5 stop overs in Austrlia so that was 3 coutries but 8 stop overs.

Just I am looking to do another RTW trip in 2010 but over about 5 months this time and im going to treat myself to a business class ticket. I will be doing lots of travel in Austrlia but these will be short flights so dont mind doing these seperate if this will allow me to have more stops in other countries.

Any help or advice would be great

Gill x

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Round The World Ticket

Hmmm Dubai...not bad.....

You might even consider buying your RTW ticket in that area, starting also in that area.....eg if you can find an agent or oneworld airline to make arrangements to buy your ticket in Saudi-Arabia, which is around the corner, you will save somewhat GBP 800 as the farelevel from say Riyadh or Jeddah is much lower. A one way from Dubai to Riyadh or Jeddah is somewhat GBP100 incl.....

Be aware though that you buy the ticket locally then, as most round the worlds have a point of sale restriction in comparison to starting point:

WHEN TRAVEL ORIGINATES IN A COUNTRY FOR WHICH A

SPECIFIC LOCAL CURRENCY FARE IS PUBLISHED AND THE

TICKET IS SOLD IN ANOTHER COUNTRY THE FARE WILL BE

THAT PUBLISHED FOR THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN CONVERTED

TO THE CURRENCY OF THE COUNTRY OF SALE AT THE

BANK SELLING RATE. THE RESULTANT FARE MUST NOT BE

LOWER THAN THAT FROM THE COUNTRY OF SALE.

So: buy the ticket in the country of the low level...

Regards

Wiki

22. Re: Round The World Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 13:18