We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midwest Signature seats

Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Midwest Signature seats

Have booked on Midwest flight that offers Signature seating, but cannot make this selection until 24 hours before flight. Is making this upgrade usually readily available or do these seats go too quickly? I understand these seats also are guaranteed to passengers booking through certain business programs.

Please advise. Thank you.

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
628 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midwest Signature seats

You are probably on a saver flight and the first 3 rows have been reconfigured for signature service. Companies that have travel contracts with Midwest get first dibs at the time of reservation--but they also probably pay more per ticket. You can upgrade but i'd do it right at the 24 hrs. the fee is higher than most leisure travelers wish to pay (65 dollars), so they do not always go as quick as you think. (Think family of 4: 65 dollars times 4 each way--it adds up).

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Midwest Signature seats

Oh how I miss the old Midwest. Midwest was always our airline of choice: Great crew, wonderful roomy and wide leather seating for everyone, but since a new company has taken over, all that has changed.

Used to be, every seat was "signature" seating on the signature flights. They are now in the process of reconfiguring cabins and putting more seats back in. Now, in order to be comfortable in the wide seats with alot of legroom, you have to pay extra for seats that were previously included in the price of your ticket. The comforts of flying Midwest Signature flights are going by the wayside and all flights will be Midwest "Saver". Midwest reps will say, "Ah yes, but we still have onboard, fresh baked chocolate cookies. I say, save the money spent on cookie dough and bring back the signature seats. My message for Midwest CEOs, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
628 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Midwest Signature seats

Memphis,

I agree with you. Soon Midwest will be "northwest lite." Its only advantage I can tell is that it is very easy to change planes at their MKE and Kansas hubs.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,984 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Midwest Signature seats

I long for the good ol' days at Midwest too. It took me a long time to get over paying for meals that were previously provided free. However, I am now to the point of enjoying decent food even though I have to pay for it. What other US carrier offers decent food on board?

Unfortunately I am not sure the if it ain't broke don't fix it adage applies here. If they did nothing they would go out of business.

Customers are willing to pay some extra $$$$ to fly Midwest, but how much? Certainly not an unlimited amount.

I think the leg room on saver flights is better than other airlines, but saver seats are still hard for me to take.

To the original poster: Call and see what they can do for you. If you call Midwest's toll free number you may be put on hold awhile, but when you get thru you will talk to someone who probably can actually help you and best of all, speaks English as a first language.

Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Midwest Signature seats

Thank you all - I will until the 24 hour pre-flight time and try to upgrade to Signature then.

6. Re: Midwest Signature seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 04:19