We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to book

perth
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Topic
when to book

we are travelling around in dec this year and have the dates and the times we sort of need to be flying now when is agood time to book flights? should we be booking them now due to that time of year and our strict plans or should we wait abit longer if so how long?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when to book

If you know your plans now, then book now! I have never seen the point of waiting and risking not getting the flight timings you want. You have waited too long already!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
285 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: when to book

If the price is right then book now...

san diego
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to book

Hey kodi! I was going through the same debate up until a few weeks ago when we gave in and bought our tickets...and boy are we happy we did!

you do not mention where you are traveling but we got multi-city tickets from san Diego to London and Rome back to San Diego for $941. Just 2 weeks later, that same flight is up 40 bucks, not to mention the wonderful fuel tax that they are adding to tickets!

I say, if you are happy with the price, book now! If your dates are flexible and specific seats, flight schedules, and dates are not imperative, you could hold off for those last minute deals. For me, buying tickets was one less thing to worry about and, believe me, it is a wonderful feeling!

London, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: when to book

Flight prices can go up 2/3 times in price in a matter of minutes. The standard rule is the more that book the more expensive the price gets (although this is not always true). If you are happy with the price and times then I would book now. You could be kicking yourself if the flights you want go up in price. December is a month where the fares are very likely to increase and not get any cheaper.

Medford Lakes, NJ...
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when to book

If you are positive you want to go, then book ASAP. I like using www.farecast.com because they tell you when to wait and when to book now. They might not have the city you need, but its worth a try.

6. Re: when to book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 07:16