We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seats together on First Choice Airways

tipton west midlands
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seats together on First Choice Airways

Hi We travelling to Goa with First Choice in Nov cannot prebook seats although we have got seats together the problem is my husband has to sit by the window any one flown with First Choice who could let me know the seating plan. Many thanks Jan

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,783 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seats together on First Choice Airways

First Choice are well known for not allowing you to pick your seats. They apparently allocate them on a first come basis to allow themselves maximum flexibility.

If your husband has a real need for a particular seat, eg medical reasons, why not email them and ask?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seats together on First Choice Airways

Don't know which airport you are travelling from but at Manchester and Gatwick, you can check in night before. Costs £5 each but then you get to choose your seats. Well worth it..... Denny

tipton west midlands
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Seats together on First Choice Airways

Hi Thanks for your help have decided to travel up the night before and book cases in then relaxe in a hotel. Thanks again Jan

London
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seats together on First Choice Airways

If you have already booked 'seats together' as a premium, then these are allocated by the Airline and passed to the Airport, in which case the Airport staff CANNOT then change them!!!

Also if you are in PREMIUM class, then all of these are allocated on a first come first serve basis.

If you have already booked 'Seats Together' then it is probably best to email or call First Choice and see if they can arrange something, if you havent and your travelling economy, then as sugested get their early and choose your seats on check in!

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seats together on First Choice Airways

Does this mean that if you have booked premium seats they are allocated as they are booked rather than at check in. We booked premium seats 2 weeks ago and travel in 2 weeks time, does this mean that there is a risk we won't get to sit together.

We are travelling for the first time with our 5.5 month old daughter to Cancun, I am a nervous flyer as it is so I really need to sit next to my husband. Is the layout 2-3-2?

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seats together on First Choice Airways

we travelled Premium last year to puerto plata. The layout was 2-3-2 in premium. Most people seemed to be sat together. Apart from familes of 4 who where sat 2 next to each other with the other 2 infront. On the outbound flight we were in the middle with a guy travelling on his own and inbound we had a window seat.

Rayleigh, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seats together on First Choice Airways

I am travelling with First Choice to Male in July, I phoned first choice yesterday, they informed me that check in the night before is now free, it also doesn't matter what time your flight is the next day, (we don't fly till 18.05) just turn up with luggage between 1200 and 2200, all people that are travelling need to be there.

Also, the seats are all allocated, by thompsons computer it works out the best seating plan so that as many people sit together as possible, once this is done the airline will not change seats. Seating plan is 2-3-2 so a couple travelling together are more than likely going to be alloctated a window seat.

Hope this helps

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seats together on First Choice Airways

Johnsimp, I can assure you that if you check in the night before you can choose your seats!!

We have done exactly that on two occasions, the last time just one month ago at Manchester.

We were a party of 7 and they had us down as ABC,DEF in row 22 and 1 in seat C in row 21.

We asked if we could have 3 in front with 1 across the aisle and 3 in the row behind. We were given row 28 ABC and row 29 ABC and 29D.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seats together on First Choice Airways

Just thought I'd throw this one into the ring....! First Choice class seats one behind the other as 'sitting together'. Just because you have paid extra to 'sit together' you will not necessarily be sitting side by side. This happened to my daughter and her partner on a long haul flight even though she had flagged up that she was a nervous traveller. And that was in Premium as well!

usm
essex, england
Level Contributor
304 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seats together on First Choice Airways

Loopyloo, we flew with FC to Cancun last year - was 2-3-2 layout. We has booked "seat together" and got window seats both ways. Suggest you get to the airport early on way out to get the seats you want. Bit trickier on the way back of course, but you should not have any troubles with a little one in tow.

FC are excellent BTW.