We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

copy of a comment from the Times website about budget....

The Jungle
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
copy of a comment from the Times website about budget....

Airlines. Well at least I know my place now....

The cost of flying has become far too cheap, why do all these folks have to go flying for their holidays or weekends away? They are clogging up the airports and the skies, most of them are unpleasant louts with a grave lack of manners. The introduction of these budget airlines has made flying more stressful for us frequent flyers who have both the reasons and the means to take to the skies. You have to realise your place in society, you cannot expect that it will be possible for all of you to take frequent flights, it is just meaningless. Do you have a house abroad or business to attend to? thought not. Do you even have the interest or capacity to enjoy the culture and history of wherever you are flying to? Can you even afford to enjoy yourself whilst there? I doubt it. Stay at home.

Charles, London,

Any comments anyone? ;-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: copy of a comment from the Times website about budget....

*chuckle*

Does Chuckie also expect rabble to shine his shoes and call him 'Govner?

I'm just grateful that being a uncouth colonial I live in a so called classless society

You just wouldn't be taken seriously if you wrote something so condescending in one of our newspapers...

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: copy of a comment from the Times website about budget....

He also will not be taken seriously here and most people will think he is a bit of a tw@!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: copy of a comment from the Times website about budget....

You can just imagine him can't you, thumping his fist at the BA check-in desk at then being a demanding b@stard on board to the FA's...

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,845 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: copy of a comment from the Times website about budget....

"You just wouldn't be taken seriously if you wrote something so condescending in one of our newspapers..."

You mean there are people that ARE taking this seriously? It's obviously humor, people...

5. Re: copy of a comment from the Times website about budget....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 18:21