We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahamas Air

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bahamas Air

I just booked 3 tickets on Bahamas Air from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau. Has anyone had any experience with them? I've heard they are notorious for late/ delayed flights but they have a great baggage policy. Worst case I figure, the $$ we're saving on baggage we'll drink in the bar waiting for our delayed flights.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,433 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahamas Air

Good luck with your flight - you will need it!!!

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahamas Air

How bad is it?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,433 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahamas Air

The main problem with BA in the past was their equipment (older than me!)

Skytrax customer comments follow:

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/bahamasair.htm

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
616 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahamas Air

Late doesn't even describe them. Hours at times. The good news is you are only going to Nassau which involves only a single flight. This arline clearly fits the rule you get what you pay for.

Seneca, IL
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahamas Air

Depends on what type of plane you are on. Older prop jobs typically get bumped back to next available jet. Just happened to me and my family, going to Nassau. 2 hour delay, never again.

6. Re: Bahamas Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 05:15