We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most accomadating FA's

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,963 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
most accomadating FA's

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience's where FA went out of the way to help passengers or even just a little off the normal routine.

when I fly international I always get the FA's to make me ice tea. I ask for Ice tea they say they do not have any then I ask for hot tea and a cup of ice.

9 times out of ten the FA smiles and a light goes on

then the rest of the trip they ask if I want ice tea.

My next trip I am going to try and get them to micro wave something for me maybe warm up some cookies like first class or maybe i will bring some microwavable popcorn "if I can get it thru security"

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: most accomadating FA's

yes,

Jetstar looked after me very well on a short flight.

Once wheel chaired to craft was helped to seat, then constantly asked if I wanted anything, and even was literally walked to the toilet, and they checked I was ok, once I walked out the toilet, back to my seat.

Also, I had flowers with me and they took them to the galley and even watered them for me.

When it was time for food drink, the attendant grabbed the inflight mag out the pocket for me and went through the menu with me, and even helped me open packets and make my coffee fully for me, instead of just placing it infront of me and getting me to do it myself.

Qantas were quite accommodating also, although we were in business class.

They kept a very close eye and nothing was a trouble at all.

Even stealing the first class cabins Baileys for us, as we ran out!

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,963 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: most accomadating FA's

HI

Glad you got well taken care of but that is to be expected in business or first class.

I was wondering about where we poor people have to fly in the economy or economy plus sections LOL

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: most accomadating FA's

JQ was is all economy.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: most accomadating FA's

my mother collapsed on an Emirates flight in economy, and the staff were fantastic, one FA sat with her and my father for the rest of the flight,believe it or not, another 8hrs to go that was, then she personally phoned them at home to see if my mother was fine one week later!!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: most accomadating FA's

Hi - I see you're in the States and maybe Qantas flight info doesn't help you out much, but I just wanted to let you know that while Qantas FA's often get a bad rap for their "laconic aussie" attitude - when there is something out of the ordinary required they seem to come up trumps. On a trip to Singapore from Melbourne last year, my English husband hadn't had his re-entry visa updated (I didn't even know what one was!!) and there was an almighty mess to deal with. After two hours of complete stressing - Qantas managed to get him a seat on an otherwise full flight the next day (it was school holidays) and our children and myself flew on to Singapore without him.

I was quite upset but tried not to show it (especially for the kids' sake) and mentioned that I was now travelling without my husband to one of the FA's upon entering the plane (economy). Within minutes (had only just stowed bag overhead) the most lovely male FA came up to me to ask if there was anything Qantas could do given my current situation - he was amazing! Made me a gin and tonic then and there in the galley, saw me personally back to my seat, brought me another g & t as soon as seatbelt light went out, and kept checking on me throughout the 7 hour flight. He even brought the Customer Services manager over to meet me. Then at the end of the flight they gave me a bottle of red to take to the hotel with me to help me through the night without my husband!! How was that?

I was soooo impressed - I have told LOTS of people and when I hear people having a go at Qantas staff I repeat that story to them.

Cheers froma Qantas fan.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: most accomadating FA's

I believe actor Ralph Fiennes found that a Qantas FA went well out of her way to provise above average service.

Sorry little joke. Couldn't resist! ;-))

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: most accomadating FA's

Yes - well...my gorgeous FA did ask what he could do to help make me feel better...and I settled for two gin and tonics!! Just like any good married girl, temporarily separated from her husband, would!!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,719 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: most accomadating FA's

If you want to be pampered and you can't afford business class, I'd suggest Asiana Airlines economy service - the FA's never sit down! I've never had better, more pleasant, more attentive service on any airline. Asiana won a prize recently for Best FA's in the air. If you're lucky enough, the FA's also give facial massages with soothing creams that help counteract the dry inflight air - on selected flights only. Naturally Asiana is 5*.

The economy food could stand a little improvement. Never but never order the seafood breakfast!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,244 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: most accomadating FA's

Thai and Singapore Air have the most amazing flight attendants. There's a level of service that I've never experienced on any US domestic airline - even when you're on an internal $29 flight in Thailand.

Cant make generalizations otherwise. I've had good ones and bad ones on every airline - except Jet Blue where they are always helpful. I would never ask a flight attendant to nuke food for me - I dont consider them flying waitresses.

The worst ones I've ever had (other than a comical flight on Mexicana where they dropped anything they touched for 4 hours) were the First Class crew on Continental going to Belize. First, I got to hear them complain about their employer for 45 minutes thru noise cancelling headphones. Then a flight attendant was in the bathroom for a good 5-10 minutes - I heard the toilet flush, and 2 seconds later she popped out the door (I could hear everything in the first row of First, including the flush, but no faucet!). She headed straight into the galley! I was mortified, but got up and asked her to wash her hands! I was treated like crap for the rest of the flight and didnt fly Continental for years after that as a result.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: most accomadating FA's

must be the qantas way, my male attendant in business class was very 'friendly'!!