We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Connection Time

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
976 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow Connection Time

We are flying into Heathrow from the US arriving at 6:50 am and our connecting flight will be leaving at 10:35 am. Do we have enough time to make our connection?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Connection Time

Probably. 4 hours should be enough even for the worst possible case where you have to go through immigration to exit airside, collect bags, transfer terminals, check in again, go back through security. Unless you need a visa for the UK. Which you probably dont seeing as how you are US based, but then again, you might if you arent US nationals.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Connection Time

4hrs should be plenty but which terminals and airlines are you arriving/departing from?

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
976 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Connection Time

The flight is for next June/July. Right now we are set to arrive on American Airlines at Terminal 3 and depart for Nairobi on American Airlines/British Airways from Terminal 5. We are not checking any bags I checked Heathrow's website and the connection process looks simpe, it is getting through security I am worried about.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Connection Time

You'll be flying from Terminal 5 onto Nairobi. Sounds like an AA codeshare operated by British Airways.

Just follow the signs for flight connections when you get down at T3, then you'll bus it over to Terminal 5. 4hours is plenty of time, even with security.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
976 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Connection Time

Thanks for all of your help! I have heard horror stories about Heathrow. I feel much better now!

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
46 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow Connection Time

The horror stories are right! But 4 hours is OK.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow Connection Time

Hi Irongrl - just wondering how it went with the connection at Heathrow?

I'll be arriving into Heathrow T3 and taking a connection flight from T5 (separate ticket). I've got a choice of a 3 hour connection, or a 9 hour layover. I'm worried that the 3 hour is not long enough, but really don't want to stick around in Heathrow for 9 hours. Any advice?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heathrow Connection Time

...I just created a new thread here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k2779469…

9. Re: Heathrow Connection Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2009, 07:25