We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

identifying flight

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
identifying flight

Has anyone ever used 'holiday.co.uk'?

I booked a 'package' holiday with them, to Crete.

They sent me an email saying airport to hotel transport is extra (£120), also no baggage allowance - contact 'thompsonfly.

Is this normal?

I'm now concerned on phoning 'thomsonfly' for details, that they have none!

The flight starts with ECA even though on the holiday.co.uk booking for it starts TOM. Which company is ECA?

Is this just a big scam so when I get to the airport there will be no flight?

I haven't travelled for quiet a few years, and am suprised that these things are not included on a package holiday. It seems a nightmare, I'm thinking of cancelling the whole event!

London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: identifying flight

Seems bit confusing to me. ECA is Eurocypria airlines which fly to Cyprus and Greece from U.K. Do they mean you have booked a Thomson package holiday - otherwise cant see logic of phoning Thomsom. How many people does this 120 pound transfer include and is it private taxi or minibus. Normally you get 15kg baggage allowance and have to pay for extra allowance - is this what they mean. If they say phone Thomsonfly well perhaps you had better do that to see what they say.

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: identifying flight

Thanks for the reply 'wandering star'.

Holiday.co.uk told me to phone Thomson, but when I did they have no record. That's what's worrying me. I wonder if they've just taken my money and run!

The £120 is for 2 to/from, I don't know if it's a taxi or bus.

I have emailed holiday.co.uk requesting more details, but so far had no reply.

I'll try to phone 'Eurocypria' to see if they have a record. Thanks for the name, I had no idea. I'll also phone the hotel to confirm the booking. The departure date is 7th Sept. so I am concerned.

It all seems very involved.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,860 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: identifying flight

I hope for your sake you paid by credit card. If in doubt take it up with them. Good luck.

London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: identifying flight

Might also be worth posting your question in the Greece forum. Might be other passengers had similar problem and can put your mind at rest while you waiting for reply from Holiday.co.uk

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,860 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: identifying flight

Just had a quick look at www.holiday.co.uk

They say they are ABTA bonded and carry the verified by visa logo too.

The flight is (or should be) a Tomson one to Heraklion Crete.

Do you have the flight number and departure airport? Do NOT post your booking ref here of course for your own safety..

I have a feeling you are going to be OK but the lack of communication is worrying.

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: identifying flight

Thanks for all your help & suggestions.

I think I may have sorted the flight.

I spoke to Thomsonfly again this afternooon, they have found a record of the flights, it was a TOM flight, but became a ECA with the same number.

I think it was overbooked, so they chartered a ECA plane. I suppose they will give their seats to their own clients first.

Yes the flight is from Stansted to Herakliion.

The email I recieved from Thompson, says 'check-in luggage included in fare'. So I checked & they said up to 20KG pp + hand.

That's a relief, I invisaged having to fork out another 15€ /kg.

I've emailed the hotel to see if they have any avaiable transport to/from the airport and am awaiting their reply.

I never realised a holiday abroad would be so much trouble. lol

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,860 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: identifying flight

Glad it worked out. I would check that Transfer Fee though. Is that £60 each way= £120. Just bearable. If £120 each way. Outrageous.

London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: identifying flight

Thanks for updating us tarq - so many people pose questions/problems on these forums and never know whether given them correct or good advice as dont get any feedback. Have a good holiday.

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: identifying flight

I'm still not 'out of the woods'.

The hotel emailed me to say they have no booking for the dates I gave them, either under the reference no. or my name.

I wonder if the travel company books under another name or batch books or something.

More chasing up to do!

Grrrr.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,860 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: identifying flight

Probably block booked in the tour company's name.

Take a sleeping bag just in case.