We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me book my COntinental flights please!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
513 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help me book my COntinental flights please!!

I am going transatlantic from Europe to US in 2 months. To New York and then on the Las Vegas. I'm a One Pass member and have 14,000 miles. I just cannot work out the One Pass system and if I am entitled to anything.

Can anyone work it out from their website or does anyone know? I would love an upgrade on one (or more!!) legs of the journey if thats at all possible. How will I find out if I am entitles, how do I book it etc?

Also, does anyone know if the flights I will be taking are upgradeable? No sense in upgrading if there is only Economy/Coach class!!! :-D

Flights will be Dublin (Ireland)- New York (EWR, Newark). Newark- Las Vegas. Las Vegas-Dublin (via EWR).

If you need the codes of the flights (i.e the price codes) to work this out let me know.

Thanks for reading and in advance for any assistance!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me book my COntinental flights please!!

Did you look on the Continental site? I found the info you need through Google in about 15 seconds.

New York State
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me book my COntinental flights please!!

First class or business first is available on all your flights, but unless you are flying at full-fare economy, you don't have enough miles.

Continental permits mileage upgrades on almost all flights and almost all fare classes, but unless your booking is full-fare economy (code Y), you do not have enough miles to upgrade. A one-way upgrade on the transatlantic portion is 10,000 miles with full fare, but 20,000 miles with discount fares. There is an option to upgrade from other fare classes to Business First by paying a service fee, which is $100 to $500 depending on the fare class.

You could upgrade one of your domestic flights (EWR-LAS or LAS-EWR) for 5,000 miles if using a Y fare or 15,000 miles if using a discounted fare.

Dublin
Level Contributor
513 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me book my COntinental flights please!!

thank you Paul, that is precisely info i needed!!

oh well, maybe next time....

Dublin
Level Contributor
513 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me book my COntinental flights please!!

speedbird, in all fairness, of course i looked. i didnt *understand* how to work it out (e.g what is full economy fare etc), which was why i asked.

thanks agaun paul

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me book my COntinental flights please!!

Good luck on getting any upgrades at all with Continental. I have over 50,000 miles and have never been able to use them for upgrades, always being given a different story as to why not.

Needless to say I won't be flying continental again unless I absolutely have to!

6. Re: Help me book my COntinental flights please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 03:16