We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Report: Virgin PE ANU-LGW 20 September

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Report: Virgin PE ANU-LGW 20 September

Arrived at ANU a little late as our previous Liat flight was delayed by 30 mins or so, and as we rounded the corner into the Virgin checkin area, we were met by a VA rep who was expecting us (how?) and extremely quickly and efficiently checked us in, even observing that as hubby was very tall (6’8”) would we prefer the emergency exit seat? Thanks very much!!! On plane (Barbarella again) by 3.45 and greeted by a very welcome cold glass of bubbly.

Took off on time and round came hot towels, then the drinks trolley, followed shortly after by dinner which, since we’d missed lunch was very welcome. Salad with roasted peppers and olives, followed by Sweet and Sour chicken, Boeuf Bourguinonne or Aubergine Lasagne (we even got a printed menu which saved the crew having to repeat the choices at each seat), apple pie and cheese and biscuits. Another delicious meal by most airline standards.

After dinner we reset our watches and settled down to watch a film or two then snatch an hour’s doze before being woken up at 11 pm our time (4 am London time) for breakfast. It seems VA do read and take note of comments made on forums like this as to my surprise they served hot bacon (or cheese and egg) rolls instead of the dreaded dry muffin that was considered breakfast fare. Well done VA!

Again an excellent crew, helpful, chatty and pleasant. In fact the only negative thing I could say was that we never got an amenity kit, luckily I had my own eyeshades and earplugs with me.

Landed 25 mins early and were through passport control, baggage claim and customs just before 6am.

1. Re: Flight Report: Virgin PE ANU-LGW 20 September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 03:16