We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k230794…

Link to post on Nevada forum.

Dave.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,270 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

US Airways is BAD BAD news!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
56,555 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

Of course if you hang around Internet forums long enough you'd never fly ANY airline because someone will say the company is "bad bad news" without providing any kind of context.

I haven't flow US overseas in a few years, fly them domestically a few times a year. In "that" context I haven't had any problems with them, they get me where I'm going and they haven't lost my bags. That's the only real expectation I have for an airline..

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

Haha. IrishFan is right. It's amazing how any airline is still in business based on the 'Don't fly... airline'!

As for USAir ... well, there are loads of threads on this carrier on www.flyertalk.com

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,751 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

I've used US Airways quite extensively from Manchester to Philadelphia; then onto NY, Miami, Tampa & San Fran. Never had a problem, occasional late flight but nothing too bad. Service always been pleasant and aircraft in good condition. I would definately use them again.

~One time, hit a delay in Miami back to Philadelphia due to weather in PHL, and we were rerouted back to Manchester via Charlotte & Gatwick (last leg on BA) without any hassle. Arrival time back in MAN only a couple of hours later than scheduled.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
80 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

If I had to choose betweeen walking barefoot over glass to get somewhere, and flying US Airways, it would be very tough decision.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,176 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

pennysguy,

Not if the place was more than 100 miles away or over water.

sunmagic I like your post . Very reassuring as I have booked Aged P on MAN-PHL and on to ILM next spring. Even got GW to tell ESTA to let her in.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,751 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

Mfuwe,

I was thinking the same thing myself. Not really a constructive comment, and not really elaborating why they have such a negative attititude towards US.

The A330's on MAN-PHL are in good condition, also I find the US Airways IFE to have a good selection of films and TV. I don't mind paying $5 for a beer either, all the miles I accrue help me maintain silver with bmi's Diamond Club. Have heard recently though that US have been using a B757 on the MAN-PHL route - with no PTV's, not really an issue coming back as it's a night flight but lack of entertainment for the outbound leg.

You will enjoy your flight, also, PHL is a good airport to navigate. You get to be bussed across the apron if you're transferring (between terminals), always nice to get good unrestricted views of what's happening at a busy airport.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

I think the complaints come from the fact that what seemed to be forever, USAirways has always had the worst reputation of all the US air carriers. It was really bad and I quit flying with them. However, I think they may have improved somewhat in the last few years since they and America West joined forces. For so long, US Airways was very strapped for cast and morale was very low amongst the employees and it showed in their work so I do hope it is true that they have now improved.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

"I do hope it is true that they have now improved."

They surely must have, they can't possibly be any worse...

OK just my opinion and experience, but surly cabin crew, plus losing my luggage on an outbound trip to Philly, then ignoring a request for a letter detailing dates of said baggage return, so i could make an insurance claim put them right at the bottom of all US carriers I have used.

They MUST have got better in the past 4 years!! I just am not willing to try them again.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,176 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airline Opinion Please..US Airways

Not me Sunmagic. Aged P.= Aged parent. She is not into electronic IFE. On past form hers will come out of a bottle and involve irritating the hell out of her fellow pax.