We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG transfer 2E>2F

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
628 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
CDG transfer 2E>2F

Hello,

I have a flight from Seattle to Rome with a transfer at CDG Terminal 2E (gates E51-76 I think) going to Terminal 2F. Arrival is supposed to be 8:50 am and the next flight departs at 9:45 with latest check in time limit 9:15. (Flights AF049 and AF1504)

1. Since I will be checking in online or at the least in Seattle won't I already be checked in for this flight?

2. Do I have enough time for this transfer? (Air France scheduled it :-) and it's an Air France 2nd flight verses Alitalia which was my other choice that I didn't go with.)

3. I read to take the shuttle bus N1 to get from 2E to 2F is that going to actually be faster than walking? or is walking even an option?

4. Will only have carry on luggage so won't have to get baggage.

Thanks for all of your help!

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG transfer 2E>2F

Have a look at www.easycdg.com

1. You should be checked in all the way through from Seattle to Rome. (ie - a boarding pass for both flights should be issued at your first check-in)

2. Every airport has what are kown as Minimum Connecting Times (MCT). If you have made a through booking the airlines will not allow a connection that falls inside the MCT, so if AF has put you on the second flight it shold be ok. (If your first flight runs late they will either hold the second until you arrive or put you on a later flight - I'm sure they have several every day.)

3. The website says you take an 'airside' bus between terminals, so that's what I would do. (Follow the signs.)

4. Even if you check in luggage at Seattle you shouldn't have to collect it at Paris - it should be checked through to Rome.

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
628 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG transfer 2E>2F

Thank you, I did check easy CDG so will trust that I have enough time.

Just wanted to make sure with the experts!

Thanks again!

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG transfer 2E>2F

I certainly don't claim to be an expert! :-)

4. Re: CDG transfer 2E>2F

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 20:20