We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much takes the immigration thing in LAX

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
How much takes the immigration thing in LAX

Just one question, how much takes aprox, from the door of the airplane to the baggage ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much takes the immigration thing in LAX

It takes around 30-40 minutes to get through Immigration at LAX.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much takes the immigration thing in LAX

Thanks.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much takes the immigration thing in LAX

30 - 40 minutes if u r lucky! i have spent up to 2 hours getting out of TBI. so it depends on the terminal u arrive at. if your airline arrives at its own international terminal the process seems to be a lot quicker.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much takes the immigration thing in LAX

Im arriving at terminal 5, and I understand you, in IAH once I was there for 30 minutes and another time I spend 2 hours and a half.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,255 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much takes the immigration thing in LAX

Too many variables.

Depends on the terminal, the time of day, the day of the week, whether flights prone to choking up arrivals are delayed, how quickly you get off the plane etc. etc.

I've flown into LAX dozens of times over the years and around half a dozen times a year during the 90s and it varies massively, from nothing to 90mins or so...and we took the same flight from London pretty much every time and on similar days of the week.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much takes the immigration thing in LAX

Im prepair to be there 2 hours, in almost every flight from Mexico is like that, is like 5 minutes for each passenger with many questions.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much takes the immigration thing in LAX

good idea, charal. it's the same situation when arriving from asia too with a lot of special attention being paid to majority of the pax. so just dont think it's flights from mexico.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much takes the immigration thing in LAX

Just think that they love us and they just want to have more time with us checking many things, and asking questions like: is your husband with your, no, why? and more questions that are not the regular ones.

9. Re: How much takes the immigration thing in LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 06:20