We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Jet Amsterdam-Geneva, is it reliable?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
641 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
Easy Jet Amsterdam-Geneva, is it reliable?

I have no experience with low cost carriers, I usually fly on One World Airlines for miles. I am wondering how reliable is this ariline? I mean both in terms of financial stability (won't go out of business) and flights operating on time?

They are by far the cheapest form of transport between these two cities. We will have only carry-on backpacks and don't need checked bags. The trip is for Sept so we probably won't buy the tickets until June or July. I see they have specials running for the next 3 months but nothing too far out.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,826 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Jet Amsterdam-Geneva, is it reliable?

They are as reliable as any decent airline is these days and a lot less likely to go out of business than someone like AA

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,021 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Jet Amsterdam-Geneva, is it reliable?

have flown EZY loads of times and never had a problem, only ever had one proper delay (3hours) and were given vouchers straight away

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,746 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Jet Amsterdam-Geneva, is it reliable?

I have travelled with Easyjet several times from the UK to Krakow, Madrid & Lisbon. Also travelling with Easyjet this year to Sardinia & Rome.

All flights have been on time, friendly crew with modern aircraft. Never experienced any delays (touch wood!) and the majority of flights have arrived early.

Just remember that you have to check in on time and comply with their luggage allowance. Also suggest you book in advance to secure the best deals and watch out for the extra charges - taxes, bags, insurance etc.

I usually travel at least five times a year (10 flights in total) and the flights with Easyjet have either been just as good or better than other European airlines.

Just remember - Don't be late, Easyjet won't wait!

Hope your experience with Easyjet is as good as mine.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
641 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy Jet Amsterdam-Geneva, is it reliable?

That's good to know, thanks!

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
15,015 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy Jet Amsterdam-Geneva, is it reliable?

Be very careful about the dimensions of your backpacks. There is no weight limit as long as you can lift them safely into the overhead bins, but they are very clear that they accept only "one standard piece of hand baggage to maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm". If your backpacks are bigger than that, or deemed to be "non-standard" you will have to check them.

Also bear in mind the restrictions of liquids of course.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy Jet Amsterdam-Geneva, is it reliable?

The present price for Amsterdam-Geneva return is €69. I doubt they will get any cheaper. The fare with the present offer is only €12 less. Buy as soon as possible they might suddenly go up by €100.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
641 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy Jet Amsterdam-Geneva, is it reliable?

I got it for €36 each (one way only) and didn't take the hold bags as our backpacks are within the limits as long as there is nothing in the side pockets. Do we need to put everything inside the backpacks, like cameras, wallets, etc?

The credit card fee was pretty excessive, €9.50 but I couldn't find any way to get around it.

8. Re: Easy Jet Amsterdam-Geneva, is it reliable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2009, 05:32