We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question pertaining to international flights on United

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
801 posts
262 reviews
Save Topic
question pertaining to international flights on United

Hello....I ahve never taken United overseas before. Do we have a choice of movies, or is there simply one movie? Also, I am taking a 767 from DC to Zurich. Aren't 767's older smaller planes? Thanks.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question pertaining to international flights on United

I'm sorry I don't remember what aircraft it was, but I flew UA from SFO to CDG and had a window seat - all window seats had a metal box on the floor which greatly decreased your leg/storage space. Had an individual screen with a choice of many movies.

DC
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: question pertaining to international flights on United

767s are smaller than 777s and 747s, but they're dual aisle planes with pretty large capacity.

UA's 767s have personal video screens at each seat with a choice of about five or six movies plus some kiddie stuff and TV. It isn't AVOD, so you can't stop and start it, but they restart the whole system when the programming on all of the channels ends. You can look up what's showing on UA's website under inflight services.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question pertaining to international flights on United

767s are fine. They are a little older than 777s but aren't exactly 1960s technology!

If you are in economy United have a 2-3-2 layout so there's a smaller chance of getting a middle seat. In business there are no middle seats. If you are in first take another aircraft type is possible.

Don't the refurbished aircraft with new business and first seats (the 767s are very nearly all done) have AVOD in all cabins? I'm yet to take my first flight on a refurbed aircraft...

DC
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: question pertaining to international flights on United

You may be right about the AVOD on the refurbed 767s, which are what they fly IAD-ZRH. I take that plane a few times a year, but I've done it in business for the last couple of years.

Mission Viejo, CA...
Level Contributor
616 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: question pertaining to international flights on United

The 767 didn't get AVOD in economy. It is the same system in economy as before the refurbishment. AVOD is only in business and first. The seats do have new fabric though.

The 777 will be getting AVOD in all classes starting in late 2009.

6. Re: question pertaining to international flights on United

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2009, 05:39