We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal 5 to Terminal 3?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Terminal 5 to Terminal 3?

How much time is needed to get from 5 to 3 in Heathrow?

We will be flying BA from Edinburgh /HR and then Capetown.

Luggage checked in at Edinburgh through to CT.

It's going to be a long flight and we don't want to hang around HR for any longer than is necessary. At the same time, we are not familiar with HR and need enough time without rushing around.

Our flight to CT is at 19.20.

Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminal 5 to Terminal 3?

Its not so much how much time you need as your attitude to risk and the consequence of missing the flight.

You *could* do it in an hour, but my experience is that an intrenal flight could easily (though not routinely) be substantially delayed or cancelled, so I would always build in a substantial time allowance for that, others would cut it to the bone and regard the once in a while they miss a connection as a fair exchange for all the time they didnt spend hanging around.

I *believe* that the MCT between terminals at LHR is 90 minutes in any case so assuming you are on one ticket, you shouldn't be offered less than that. If everything is on time that's perfectly adequate, then its up to you how much buffer if any you want to add.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal 5 to Terminal 3?

According to LHR website (http://www.heathrowairport.com/portal/page/Heathrow^General^Airport+information^Flight+Connections/) standard MCT between T5 and T3 is 120 minutes.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminal 5 to Terminal 3?

Interesting. I wonder if they have changed the ludicrous 3 hour MCT between LHR and LGW yet?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminal 5 to Terminal 3?

Thanks to both. Just discovered through travel agant that my Edinburgh flight is into T5!! So all ok.

Thanks.

5. Re: Terminal 5 to Terminal 3?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2010, 06:25