We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer Lingus disappointment

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Aer Lingus disappointment

I realize that this may be an unusual experience with Aer lingus, but here it is. I recently flew Aer Lingus to Heathrow for a connecting BA flight( 4 hour window ) to Toronto. Because of nasty weather in Heathrow, our departure from Dublin was delayed 2 1/2 hours. The cabin attendant assured me that all departing flights from Heathrow were delayed, not to worry, just follow the connecting flight signs. There was no deplaning for those with connecting flights, no ground assistance given, the flight had not departed for Toronto, but the boarding gate was closed, and I now have intimate knowledge of terminal to terminal travel at Heathrow. In a nutshell, rather than arriving at Toronto 7:30p.m. I arrived 4 p.m next day, luggage arriving 32 hours later. BA staff were consistently supportive, sympathetic and helpful, as well as aghast at the lack of AL help, while the AL rep at Heathrow was more concerned with her personal call ( "See ya!" ) telling us she needed to check a phone number for her manager, and then she and her colleague discussed toasties for tea. We, my sister and I, were responsible for our own food and hotel arrangements since the delay etc was weather related. 125 pounds later for hotel , plus 30 for a modest meal , as well as e-mails and phone calls to Toronto to keep family informed...I really feel that AL was not on the ball. The AL headquarters at Heathrow has been apprised of the situation and the letter copied to the CEO. I was not impressed. What really stands out is the lack of assistance upon arrival, the fact the AL did not communicate with BA personnel at the airport, and the poor service at the AL desk. This was a joint flight.

1. Re: Aer Lingus disappointment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2010, 07:17