We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is flight from manchester uk to philadelphia???

wigan
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Topic
How long is flight from manchester uk to philadelphia???

We are hoping to book a short break to New York and have seen a flight from Manchester uk to philadelphia and then a flight to New York.(it's a good deal so I want to book asap)

It doesn't break down the itinery and only tells us that the total journey time is 9 hours 45 min.

What is the flight time to Philly from Manchester with US airlines?? and will we have enough time to collect luggage and check in for flight to New York?

Much appreciated

Minnie

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long is flight from manchester uk to philadelphia???

71/2 -8 hours.

give need yourself a min of 2 hours to get thru immi and customs and to get to your next gate. u won't have to check in again. u will get your boarding pass for your internal flight in manchester. all u need do is collect your bag, go thru customs, put it on the transfer belt and head for your next gate. the time frame u have given sounds a little tight to me for a transfer. .but if us air have a few flights a day from pilly to ny and u miss the one u r booked on then they will put u on the next.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long is flight from manchester uk to philadelphia???

See what the cost savings (if any) are to just book from Manchester to Philadelphia. You may find it faster and easier to get to the train station in center city Philadelphia and take the 90-minute train trip directly to city center Manhattan instead of waiting for a connecting flight and then making your way in from the NYC airport. (I'm going to assume they will fly you into LaGuardia). Then from LaGuardia you'd have another wait at baggage claim unless you're just taking hand luggage, followed by a $35 or so taxi fare into the city center.

There are cheaper options from LaGuardia via public transport, they're just somewhat of a hassle for people coming off long-haul flights.

Check www.amtrak.com for train information, use "PHL" as the code for Philadelpia and "NYP" for Penn Station in New York City. The Philadelphia airport site probably has directions on how to make the connection to 3oth Street Station where you'd pick up the train to New York.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How long is flight from manchester uk to philadelphia???

I agree with IrishFan. Get the local train from Philly Airport to downtown Philly (about $7 last time I did it) then Amtrak train to Penn Street Station in New York. That will be much easier than the transfer at Philadelphia and then getting from La Guardia to downtown.

But to answer your original questions Manchester to Philadelphia is 8 hours. Return journey PHL-MAN is 7 hours.

Have fun

4. Re: How long is flight from manchester uk to philadelphia???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2010, 05:19