We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France online check-in time 30h before first flight?

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
652 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Air France online check-in time 30h before first flight?

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I'll ask any way. I have a TATL itinerary booked with AF, first segment departs at 7 am to CDG and the TATL flights depart from CDG around 10 am.

Will I be able to do an online check-in starting 30h before my first flight at 7am or does it count towards the 10 am departure time? Reason I'll ask is since I will try to get a seat on the upper deck of the 744 (50€/ ticket)?

I know some airlines uses the first flight of your inteniry and some the latest flight for the time window to start.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,586 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France online check-in time 30h before first flight?

Not stupid at all.

The 30 hours works back from your first leg on the Itinerary i.e. 1am the day BEFORE your flight.

You OLCI for the first flight and the page automatically goes to the next segment for OLCI to the flight that is still 33 hours away.

In fact I think you can pre-select seats for the Long haul sector up to 90 days ahead now. You can on KLM.

Just open "Manage your booking" and scroll down to meals etc., and click for seat allocation.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
652 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France online check-in time 30h before first flight?

Thank you for your reply, guess I have to set the alarm at 1 am, lol.

I have already selected seat for us (best available at time of booking; 24 J,K & L) but I will try to get seats on the upper deck of the 744, they cost 50€ and are not available until the online check-in starts, except if one holds Elite status at AF.

EK

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
36,977 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France online check-in time 30h before first flight?

Well good luck with your chances of getting a seat on the upper deck of the 747. I tried to do this in October outbound and inbound and even though I went to online check in 30 hours before there were none available. I couldnt even change my seats.....

Bronia

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,586 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France online check-in time 30h before first flight?

I actually like the seats rows 14 if lucky and then 15-18.

You have the stair well/wardrobes where the middle rows would be and this lowers the risk of unruly neighbours..

5. Re: Air France online check-in time 30h before first flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2010, 06:16