We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling quantas heathrow to cairns

scotland
Level Contributor
52 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
travelling quantas heathrow to cairns

long haul any advice on how to survive, Is quantas good to fly with. stopping over 3 days on return in hong kong

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,908 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling quantas heathrow to cairns

I like QF and have used them many times Australia to UK.

You will find that your "u" is superfluous. Qantas = Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling quantas heathrow to cairns

As an Aussie I may appear biased, but I agree with Geomedic's assessment of Qantas long haul. I suppose there are some different survival tips depending on which class you're flying. Regardless of which cabin I am in, I always take in my hand luggage some clothes that are comfortable to sleep in (being a bloke it is usually tracksuit pants and a loose-fitting T-shirt) so that I am not sitting in the same 'street' clothes for 13 or 14 hours. Makes such a difference when you climb back into them to disembark. While it can be a bit of a pain waiting to get access to the toilet to change after takeoff and before landing [and it's a tight fit in there while you're undertaking your wardrobe change :-) ] I strongly recommend it to you. The other tips are mostly common-sense. Not too much alcohol, plenty of water, do the recommended exercises and occasionally get up and stretch a bit to stave off DVT. The three day stopover in HKG will not do much to reduce the jetlag going home, I'm afraid, as it's so close the Australian timezone. But at least you won't be doing both legs in one go... as most Aussies will tell you it is rarely, if ever, fun. Happy travels!

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling quantas heathrow to cairns

What are your inbound sectors

If it is LHR/SIN/DRW/CNS

You may be offloaded onto Jetstar for the Singapore- Cairns leg.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling quantas heathrow to cairns

I am sure you will enjoy your Qantas flight, we have travelled heaps of times and I think you will find that the Air crew really make the difference, its that quirky Aussie humour. And what other airline brings around ice cream when you settle down to watch a movie. Food is always good, too.We have spoilt ourselves for the last 3 years and used Bus. Class, where they will also offer you a pair of designer Jammies (jogging suit style) to take away.

No matter what class, you start your holiday to Oz on take off. Enjoy, mari.

(and No, I don´t know anyone who works for QF, just wanted to show appreciation !)

scotland
Level Contributor
52 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling quantas heathrow to cairns

Thank you all for the advice, I am really excited about my trip. Looking forward to seeing Australia.

6. Re: travelling quantas heathrow to cairns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 07:18