We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

will have a sale in the very near future? I am reluctant to book today Brisbane to New York via Singapore and Frankfurt then find it is offered in a sale at a better price. Does anyone have a crystal ball. Thank you in anticipation.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,225 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

naej,

First, and probably obviously, no, none of us have any sense of seat sales for specific location on specific airlines. Unless you need the stop-overs, you can fly the other way with only one stop, all on QF.

You didn't say if you wanted to fly next week, next month or next fall, so even if we new of alternate methods, we couldn't respond in a helpful way.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

GeoMedic, August is the month and I would like a couple of days stopover in Singapore as well. To get back to Oz I would make my own way over to L.A. from N.Y. then L.A. to Brisbane with VAustralia. Qantas is not one of my fav. airlines I am afraid. Can you think of any pitfalls that I can't see? Thanks. I see I make a spelling mistake in the header.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

Crikey another! I need a proof reader!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,225 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

I understand. Everybody makes spelling mistakes here so don't worry. I'd rather see spelling errors than a string of non-punctuated text notation.

Singapore has some terrific stop-over deals so I can see that reasoning too. You'll probably hear from others before I get up in the morning and can give some thought to it.

I haven't checked out the prices yet but you might consider direct to New York (EWR) via Hong Kong on a Star Alliance carrier so it meshes with Singapore.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,554 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

Not much chance of a sale in August - peak travel season in the northern hemisphere. You might check out the month-long option at ITA software to see if certain days might be better than others:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch

also look at flights originating in SYD - much larger market

Edited: 01 February 2010, 04:00
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

Are you looking at a one-way to New York?

Separate ticket from LA back to BNE?

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

pojaya yes I was a few hours ago however I just now have booked it with Air Asia in a sale, Gold Coast Queensland to Stansted U.K. via K.L. Then L.A. back to Brisbane with V australia. So now I am looking to get from London to New York one way in August cheaply! Also have to get across USA from N.Y. to L.A. I will shout if I run into trouble. Thank you all for your help.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,225 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

Ouch. That is probably going to cost you more than a round the world ticket via Star Alliance would have and without all the connection guarantees. Too late now, so be sure to check airlines like IcelandAir, and plan to spend at least a day on the ground in London as airlines will not cover you if you are late for separately booked flights. In the US look to airlines such as Southwest and JetBlue for lower cost one-ways to LAX from New York. If you miss a flight you may be looking at *very* expensive one-way fares up to around $3000 for some of those sections.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

Thank you for those tips GeoMedic.

10. Re: Please is it likely that Singapres Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2010, 05:16