We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manchester to miami

manchestter
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
manchester to miami

I am travelling from manchester airport to london heathrow on the 7 am BA flight to heathrow which lands at 8.10 at T5 my AA flight leaves T3 at 9.45 This is on one ticket with baggage checked all the way through .Ic annot get any sense from the airlines as to whether this leaves enough time to do security and catch the flight the time allowed is !hr 35 min. Does anybody have any idea, considering the new security arrangements?

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: manchester to miami

Why on earth did you not book BA0207 that leaves T5 at 09.45 ?

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: manchester to miami

Why on earth did you not book BA0207 that leaves T5 at 09.45 ?

Maybe cost?????

manchestter
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: manchester to miami

thanks for your input, however i booked this flight in Sept 2009, with AA i did not look at BA. Very difficult to find out the length of time needed from T5 to T3

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: manchester to miami

Look at the BAA Heathrow web site - should be some help with timings there

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: manchester to miami

<<Does anybody have any idea, considering the new security arrangements?>>

It leaves enough time, as long as there are no delays.

As you are on one ticket, if you miss it there will be many other American flights you can catch even if they are indirect.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
7,469 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: manchester to miami

The connection time between T5 domestic to T3 international is quoted as 120 mins on the BAA web site. So long as your bags are checked through. 1hr 35 looks tight.

Your flight does land at a busy time, you will need to hope you don't go around the hold too many times.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: manchester to miami

T5 and T3 are at oppo ends of the airport. From T5 Arrivals make your way to Flight Connections as quick as you can for the transfer bus to T3.

If Flight Connections at T5 is chocka or if your flight from MAN is significantly late, I wonder if it might not be slightly quicker to nip out from Arrivals to the taxi rank, grab a black cab and ask the driver to get you to T3 quick as s/he can. Security at T3 Departures may be quicker than at T3 Flight Connections but you'll just not know until the day.

It's a very short connection time so please don't tarry en route. Best of luck.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: manchester to miami

I did this transfer in the opposite direction, i.e. T3 to T5 at a busy time yesterday.

I used the transfer bus and the total time from arrivals to departures (past security) was 40 minutes. This was using fast track security line and I did note that the general lines were quite long.

As other posters have said, it is do-able but you will need to move as quick as you are able once you land. It would be helpful to sit as near to the front of the domestic plane as possible.

manchestter
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: manchester to miami

thank you to everybody for your advice.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: manchester to miami

let us know how you got on. Whether you made the flight or not.