We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline from NYC to OSL

New York
Level Contributor
143 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Airline from NYC to OSL

I'm flying from NYC to OSL in June and I haven't flown to Europe in years so I need some advice on the best economy seat flight...

I love VirginAmerica but I hear the quality is not the same on Virgin-Atlantic - is this true?

What is the best option:

-Fly Continental non-stop?

-Fly BA with stopover in London (+$100)?

-Fly Virgin-Atlantic with stopover in London (+$200)?

Any advice is appreciated!

Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline from NYC to OSL

Have you considered Icelandair?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,374 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline from NYC to OSL

Hi,

My thoughts go like this... For the most part a ride in Economy class is more similar than dissimilar-- there are some differences, but overall it isn't all that much that separates carriers in terms of their standard economy cabin products..

Every time you make a connection you are slowly but incrementally increasing the chances that you will suffer a departure delay or flight cancellation or your bag(s) won't make the connection with you. Unless the price is justifiable, I prefer non-stops.

Travel Safe,

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline from NYC to OSL

"Unless the price is justifiable, I prefer non-stops"

+1 Unless collecting FF miles, or you were trying to avoid an abysmal airline, why on Earth would you pay more for the longer journey time and hassle of a non-direct flight?

As GOPBI says, Y is much of a muchness, and none of CO, BA and VS are worth going out of your way to either book or avoid.

Now, there are some trans-Atlantic airlines that I would pay more to avoid - Air India, for ex...

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,179 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline from NYC to OSL

SAS for me

5. Re: Airline from NYC to OSL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2010, 05:19