We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leave from UK or get to US 1st b4 flying to Jamaica

London
Level Contributor
607 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Leave from UK or get to US 1st b4 flying to Jamaica

Hi

Tried to put enough info in the subject heading...

Basically I want to go to Jamaica and America over the Xmas period this year. Is it generally cheaper for me to leave from here 1st and go straight to Jamaica spend 1 week thier then fly to Miami for a week before leaving to fly home? (London) or would it be a better option to fly to Miami 1st spend a few days thier then kind of do an internal flight (USA-JA-USA) before spending a few days back in Miami before I come home?

Hope I made sense. any advice on this would be appreiciated

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leave from UK or get to US 1st b4 flying to Jamaica

I would guess that the cheapest way of getting to Jamaica would be a package trip direct from UK with the likes of Thomas Cook / First Choice, etc. Of course, no idea if that's what you are looking for - if you don't want accomodation, you might be able to get a flight only deal on a charter flight, or even consider just booking the cheapest accom option and not using it.

From there I would guess it's cheaper to get to MIA and back.

But of course, that's pure speculation! You might try asking on the Jamaica forum - or doing a bit of research yourself first to get a feel for prices.

Edited: 04 March 2010, 20:07
2. Re: Leave from UK or get to US 1st b4 flying to Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2010, 06:18