We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eDreams reliability

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
eDreams reliability

I would appreciate if anybody can help me with that: eDreams ticket is almost $100 cheaper than anybody else's. Has anybody ever used their service? Are they reliable? It seems too good to be true.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: eDreams reliability

My problem is, I want to book a flight from Lisbon to Brussels, one way, and I have no idea what carriers provide such flights. Any suggestions?

=====

Go to the lisbon airport website and look at the route maps there. http://www.lisbon-airport.com/

Got to kayak.com and put in the routing specifying direct.

Save Reply
52. Re: eDreams reliability

Yes , I had similar problem. Mine was frm LONDON HEATHROW TO AUSTRIA (with 2 stopovers) travelling with 3 children

My flight times changed numerous TIMES!!!! and to make it worse - ONE WEEK PRIOR TO OUR DEPARTURE ... I called the airlines to reconfirm flights ONLY to find out that My journey is just frm London to one of the stopovers and that was it - end off!- nothing on our next journey to Klagenfurt and our flight back home!!!

I, then end up with telephone calls which kept cutting off and have to be re-dialled WHICH ENDED UP WIRH A PHONE BILL OF nearly £200!!!

I then cancelled and refunded partial amount (after much arguing on phone) but have to get flights to Austria at a higher price ( due to last minute purchase). I bought tickets direct with Lufthansa and their customer service is brilliant.

I thought I save with Edreams but I atcually loss £1000 after the phone bills and differences of the new flight tickets.

Would not recommend ... EDREAMS IS A BIG BIG DISSAPOINTMENT !!!

Vienna, Austria
1 post
Save Reply
53. Re: eDreams reliability

Its my first time to book edreams which I saw on a website. Already gave my Visa card number and passport info. My booking is from Vienna, Austria to Wash.DC round trip.

I''ve already received flight ticket by e-mail. Phoned and send fax which do not work using EDreams address in Duesseldorf Germany.

Afer all the negative comments, should I cancel or stick to it. Seems EDreams has a mostly negative feedbag with few positive use by customers.

Pls advice.

Gloria Roces

gar3.wien@gmail.com

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: eDreams reliability

Confirm with the airline that you have a reservation and that it's been paid for. If it has, I wouldn't worry too much. Trying to cancel might bring a whole new set of problems with it, if it's even possible,

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
55. Re: eDreams reliability

I would stay clear of Edreams. I booked flights with them and they double charged me and i am still not able to get a refund.I have called them half a dozen times and a different agent answers each time with very poor command of English where they don't understand me and i don't them. I have even emailed them and they have done nothing about it. I had no choice but to contact my bank and get it disputed. Stay away from Edreams!

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
56. Re: eDreams reliability

I would stay clear of Edreams. I booked flights with them and they double charged me and i am still not able to get a refund.I have called them half a dozen times and a different agent answers each time with very poor command of English where they don't understand me and i don't them. I have even emailed them and they have done nothing about it. I had no choice but to contact my bank and get it disputed. Stay away from Edreams!

Sydney
Level Contributor
137 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: eDreams reliability

I also naively booked an air France flight Brussels to Rome and received e ticket When I found this thread I went straight to air France website to see if I had a booking or not. Not only was my one way fare there, they had booked and confirmed me on a return that I do not want and didn't pay for. I the phoned air France who confirmed both are valid bookings! The customer service guy said it was much cheaper to have this return booking (that they didn't tell me about or send me a ticket for) than pay a one way fare. He said "just don't show up for the return." Part of me is relieved But part of me very annoyed that clearly e-dreams can now on-sell my return because they know I won't use it and they didn't ticket it to me. Live and learn..!!!!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: eDreams reliability

>>The customer service guy said it was much cheaper to have this return booking (that they didn't tell me about or send me a ticket for) than pay a one way fare. He said "just don't show up for the return." <<

Was it customer service at edreams that told you that?

If so, then they're endorsing, or worse still compelling you** to violate the airlines' conditions of carriage, and the airline could come after you for more money (whether they will or not is another question, but they can). If they offered and sold you that return masquerading as a legitimate one way ticket, that's very dangerous and unethical and another reason to avoid them.

(** - by deliberately selling you an incorrect ticket and then making you keep it)

Edited: 17 April 2012, 23:01
Sydney
Level Contributor
137 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: eDreams reliability

No, it was the guy from Air France when he saw how much I'd paid.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: eDreams reliability

Wow. Well if the AF guy told you this, then keep a record/note.

I'm removing my post above as I'm corrected, though I'm still suspicious of the fact that you were sold a return ticket when you ordered a one way.