We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eDreams reliability

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
eDreams reliability

I would appreciate if anybody can help me with that: eDreams ticket is almost $100 cheaper than anybody else's. Has anybody ever used their service? Are they reliable? It seems too good to be true.

Omer
Level Contributor
41 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
631. Re: eDreams reliability

I have been buying tickets via Edreams for the last 3 years. Most of the time the price was lower than through the airlines, or the same. They show a big assortment of flights and never had any problem with them. Another advantage is that they show flights that have combined airlines to achieve a better price. I saw the posts of people complaining but I have the feeling that the satisfied ones did not bother to write about their experience...So - I am a very satisfied customer! Last 3 years!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
49,551 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
632. Re: eDreams reliability

I'm sure that there are satisfied customers, but if you ask me using dodgy agencies like these is a bit like playing chicken on the motorway. Eventually you are going to get hurt.

Specifically, these agencies cobble together itineraries on separate tickets that leave the passenger very much exposed to the risk of delays causing their itinerary to fall apart. They also cobble together itineraries with extended stopovers, or flights from different airport sin the same city. The additional costs, both in money and time, that are incurred by these things often wipe out all of the savings that have been found using these methods in the first place.

And if the price is the same as the airline, what on earth is the point of adding an extra layer of complication by booking through a third party at all? Especially one with a poor record of customer service?

Rayush, carry on using them if you want to, but don't expect any sympathy here when something does go wrong!

amsterdam
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
633. Re: eDreams reliability

Finally! After 4 years of complaints on this site, on 15 July 2014 the Dutch Authorities issue a warning about Edreams (use google translate before you book) "beware of Edreams":

De Autoriteit Consument & Markt (ACM) waarschuwt voor de Spaanse reisaanbieder eDreams.

Het bedrijf biedt op zijn website goedkope vliegtickets aan naar verschillende internationale bestemmingen, waarbij niet alle kosten in de geadverteerde prijs zitten, meldde de toezichthouder dinsdag.

Op vergelijkingssites komen de tickets van deze aanbieder als goedkoopste uit de bus. Maar tijdens het online boekingsproces komen er kosten bij waar de consument niet omheen kan en waarvan de hoogte vooraf niet gemeld wordt.

De totale prijs van het ticket wordt pas aan het einde van het boekingsproces duidelijk. De consument is aanzienlijk duurder uit dan verwacht, en kan het ticket niet boeken tegen de prijs waarmee wordt geadverteerd, aldus de ACM.

Pas op met ticketprijzen eDreams

Het bedrijf overtreedt hiermee de regels voor een duidelijke vermelding van reisprijzen, zegt de toezichthouder. ,,Het beschadigt ook het vertrouwen van consumenten. Bovendien verstoort het bedrijf hiermee het gelijke speelveld in de reisbranche.”

De ACM wijst erop dat de Reclame Code Commissie eerder dit jaar al verschillende reclameadvertenties van eDreams in strijd achtte met de reclamecode reisaanbiedingen. ,,Het bedrijf reageerde niet op deze uitspraak. Ook op diverse verzoeken van ACM heeft het bedrijf niet gereageerd.”

Luchtvaartmaatschappij Ryanair zette eDreams.com in 2008 al eens op de zwarte lijst. Volgens de prijsvechter ‘schraapte’ het bedrijf tickets van de site van Ryanair om die vervolgens duurder door te verkopen.

z24.nl/geld/reissite-edreams-niet-eerlijk-ov…

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,871 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
634. Re: eDreams reliability

Paul V: Congratulations. But, I'd venture to guess that this will not stop anyone from "not doing research" and booking with them anyways. I mean, longtime TripAdvisor members have booked with them and then come back here and post their rants/complaints. I can't see a consumer protection site warning stopping this behavior.

amsterdam
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
635. Re: eDreams reliability

bk_t1: Fully agree! Even some thrill seekers that read the posts continue to go to the drug street hookers without preservative because last few times it was fine: see recently post 631. But with one government authority issuing a warning it gives the forum contributors a kind of official confirmation. In Holland the news gets good media coverage. google: "ACM Edreams"

Lancashire
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
636. Re: eDreams reliability

Yes stay well clear of e Dreams. We booked flights from Vancouver to Sydney at short notice, e dreams did could not book us on the next available flight t produce an e mail confirming the tickets in time. The booking process was very slow and cost a lot in phone calls. Also they did not warn us that even for a short stop over in the USA, not leaving the airport, we would need ESTA forms. We arrived at the airport in good time and the airline said we could use the airport computer to obtain an ESTA clearance. Unfortunately the computers were down and so we could not fly. The airline could not book us on the next available flight because they had no power to change a booking made through e Dreams. On the other hand e dreams disclaimed all responsibility as the flight had gone. We had to book fresh tickets and lost £1,700

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,273 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
637. Re: eDreams reliability

"We booked flights from Vancouver to Sydney at short notice, e dreams did could not book us on the next available flight t produce an e mail confirming the tickets in time."

I never understand those who use 3rd parties without any research particularly if you want a flight at shrt notice - a 3rd party simply delays the ticketing process that's more or less immediate when booking direct with the airline.

"Also they did not warn us that even for a short stop over in the USA, not leaving the airport, we would need ESTA forms." - To be fair to eDreams it's the passengers responsibility to ensure they have the proper documentation as there are many variables to take into account. Every non US citizen requires either an ESTA or a visa to enter the US even if you're simply in transit at a US airport.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
638. Re: eDreams reliability

Angela, Whilst I'd normally slag off eDreams more than most, essentially everything you describe is your own fault.

Namely;

You did no research on who you bought through (I guess your research was "who advertises cheapest flight")

You bought through a third party which slows things down even though it was last minute..

You bought through a third party whose terms and conditions state it will be either a day if possibly two (I forget) before they confirm.

It's not a third party booking agencies job to inform you about visas so they were absolutely correct to decline responsibility.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
49,551 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
639. Re: eDreams reliability

The above replies are quite correct. It is the passenger's responsibility to know what documentation they require, not the retailer. And I'm afraid that it is not wise to book last minute ticket with any third party, which are best avoided in most cases anyway. Edreams is amongst the worst, as a look through this forum would have revealed.

New Milton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
640. Re: eDreams reliability

DO NOT USE EDREAMS!!!!!!!!!!! I have booked a return flight through them and first of all they overcharged me for a flight when I checked my bank balance two days later and they booked the return flight to different airport which wasnt stated on their website!!!!!!!!!! I have called them twice and tried to speak to a manager to get a refund and they wont put me through and they refuse to sort the problem them out!! I have contacted ABTA and they're not even registered with them!! Beware these people are con merchants and are just after your cash!! STAY AWAY FROM EDREAMS!!! Mr Knox