We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you reach Virgin Atlantic? Refuse to fly?

Oregon
Level Contributor
783 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Can you reach Virgin Atlantic? Refuse to fly?

I see Dell08's recent message about "can we refuse to fly or not" and we're in the same fix. Supposed to leave this coming Saturday - and if we go, can we get home to the US?

Also - I have been trying without any success to reach Virgin Atlantic for a few days. Today all the phone lines are busy and the web site is crashing. Anyone having better success? Of course, I sent an email directly to them as well a few days ago and have not had a reply.

SO FRUSTRATING!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you reach Virgin Atlantic? Refuse to fly?

If you don't have a fully refundable ticket you gotta fly or lose your money. No ifs buts whys or wherefores.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you reach Virgin Atlantic? Refuse to fly?

Agree; keep checking your airline's webpage daily for updates. About all you can do at this point.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you reach Virgin Atlantic? Refuse to fly?

Although I imagine that there are lots of people who are stuck Stateside and waiting for a seat home on Virgin. You could 'offer to help Virgin out' by postponing your trip. Just another way of framing the question to them...

Oregon
Level Contributor
783 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you reach Virgin Atlantic? Refuse to fly?

Thanks to all for your replies so far. And, yes, that's how I worded my email - to offer to help them out by providing 2 seats each way. Seems reasonable to me anyway, with seats at a premium.

I just wish the VA Web site and phone lines were working! I understand the crunch on them but all were working the past few days. Suddenly they're deluged? No need to reply to my little hissy fit. Just letting off steam out here.

If anyone actually knows a way of getting thru to Virgin Atlantic, all info is appreciated.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,404 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you reach Virgin Atlantic? Refuse to fly?

As you live in America, I am not sure if the phone number on the following page is going to help, but it may be worth a try :-

telegraph.co.uk/travel/columnists/4227591/Ho…

Once you have clicked on the link, scroll down to the end of the page for the phone number.

Good luck!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you reach Virgin Atlantic? Refuse to fly?

Might be helpful (or not) as a barometer of what's going on.

Mum was meant to be coming to visit tomorrow (LHR to SFO)

After eventually getting on the phone with someone to rebook (having had an email notifier that flight is def cancelled) she is now booked for the 28th!!! Over a week later. Which completely sucks but what can you do.

7. Re: Can you reach Virgin Atlantic? Refuse to fly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 08:24