We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pets of stranded passengers

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Pets of stranded passengers

One thing I never thought about.....It's just mentioned on the news about all the cats & dogs that are still in catteries & boarding kennels awaiting their stranded owners to return from abroad.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pets of stranded passengers

What about them? I've never heard of a "cattery" (nope, don't go there!!)

They are probably better off than their owners. At least they're not shaving their legs in the restrooms at JFK. The ladies' facilities there are gross enough at any given time of day (I know; I spend a lot of time at JFK)

EW--what is wrong with people??

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pets of stranded passengers

Catteries are where Felis domesticus deign to go for a visit when their owners decide to Do The Wrong Thing and upset the moggie's daily routine.

McHenry, Kentucky
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pets of stranded passengers

You really think it is better to be locked in a cage than to be stuck in an airport with a "gross" restroom. What about the poor pets that have to use the kennel they are in as their potty? The comment was meant to be about the poor animals stuck at kennels. Not about poor you and how much time you spend in dirty restrooms.

London
Level Contributor
543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pets of stranded passengers

Kyshel

It sounds to me that you are not an animal lover. It was one of first things that went through my mind when thinking of the stranded people.

TravellerPlus - how can you say their owners do the wrong thing. They are doing the kind thing if they have nobody to look after them. I am fortunate I do.

What is wrong with you people???????

Marian

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pets of stranded passengers

When you said "pets of stranded passengers" my first thought was - well I suppose if they run out of money at least the passengers would have something to eat, but then I saw you meant ones separated from their owners. No biggie they are being fed and watered, plenty more things to fret about like those two poor helpless* English girlies stuck out all the way in Germany.

* is that how you spell "hapless"

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pets of stranded passengers

Never mind the well looked after pets in the Doggerys and catterys how about the poor fish in tanks in empty houses with nobody to feed them.

ian480.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pets of stranded passengers

I just love those sense of humour failures, such as Marians response to TP's post, obviously written from the POV of a cat ! Tee Hee

Edited: 20 April 2010, 18:02
McHenry, Kentucky
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pets of stranded passengers

To: maidmarian9, I agree with you 100%. Kyshel sounds like she only thinks of herself and travellerPlus thinks pet owners are wrong for going on vacation? Are parents allowed to have babysitters for their children once in awhile or should they have to stay home too? Lets get back to the real issue, the poor animals locked in kennels away from their owners. How awfully sad for owners and pets to be kept apart for this long.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pets of stranded passengers

I'll bet trip insurance doesn't cover the extra expense! Let's see, an extra 7-10 days at the rate things are going, at $23/day at the kennel I use. Not to mention food, as I usually take his with. It could add up quickly.

10. Re: Pets of stranded passengers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 01:05