We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta #764-C

florida
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Delta #764-C

I'm interested in hearing from people who have flown this aircraft in business-- what seats are like, etc. Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta #764-C

I have no idea what aircraft this is. Here's a link to Seatguru.com. Perhaps you can find the correct plane here and the information you are looking for:

seatguru.com/airlines/…information.php

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta #764-C

Looks like 764 is actually a 767-400 Version 1

florida
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta #764-C

Thanks for replies. Yes, the 764 is a 767-400, version 1. The seat width is only 18.5"-- seems awfully narrow for a first (business) class seat. We have the option of flying Lufthansa instead-- but the times are much less desirable. (There's a long layover in Frankfurt.)

I'm hoping to hear reports of travel on this Delta plane. (though of course each flight is different)

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta #764-C

I have flown those planes on long haul flights, they have the older leather first class chairs. I found them to be plenty wide enough for comfort. The seats have reasonable recline for resting, but nowhere near the new 170/180 degree trend.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta #764-C

You are correct in seeing the narrow seats. Premium economy on some airlines have wider seats. Depending on where you are headed you will have other choices, especially from the southern US.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta #764-C

I know on Jet Blue THe A320 is 17.8" and the Embraer 190 is 18.25". I flew both of those in Early April. But JB is all one class.

Yours does seem narrow for a business class seat.

I found this on Seat Guru. On the left you can click on various categories to see the seat specifications:

seatguru.com/charts/longhaul_business_class.…

What are the times of the original flights, and the lufthansa flights.

florida
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta #764-C

Thank you all very much.

The Lufthansa flight goes from Phila to Frankfurt with an almost 5 hour layover in Frankfurt. Ugh. Gets to Istanbul around 5:00 P.M.-- way too late to walk off jet-lag, see the sites, etc. Would go directly to cruise ship and I'm afraid would be too tired even to get up early and do excursions the next day. (We're near 80.) The Delta flight goes Phila-JFK and then directly to Istanbul. Gets in around noon-- plenty of time to explore a bit, get back in some better circadian rhythm, feel better for next day's Turkish delights.

These are our two choices. We've got a great business class upgrade deal through the cruiseline, but they have limited choices. Surely one or the other of these will be fine.

Easy to see how many people would prefer the lie-flat seats (not on Lufthansa either) But for us, not so good-- too removed from each other.

Luxurious choices-- and thanks once more.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta #764-C

The cruise leaves the NEXT Day?

I would stick to your original Delta flights. That way you can walk off the jet lag, get a good night's sleep.....The older we get (and I'm 67) the more sleep we NEED (but the less sleep we seem to get).

9. Re: Delta #764-C

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 05:18