We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eDreams Complaint.

UK
5 posts
Save Topic
eDreams Complaint.

Just this evening, I purchased 3 tickets for a trip away to Riga from LHR via the edreams uk site - what a big mistake I feel 've made! I only started to worry after the email i recieved. The email stated that although the reservation is confirmed, a problem has been encountered in actually processing payment. I immediately contacted my cc who confirmed 35 GBP had gone through but not the full amount including the airline tickets. This I believe is the booking fee (which you only find out about once you get the final confirmation page). So, what problem did they encounter with payment?? they've taken a 'booking fee' but not booked anything! I doubt anything is confirmed / resevred. I began reading through the FAQ on the website and other forums including this one with all the bad experiences people have had and although, no one here has mentioned (or seen a post) not being able to actually fly after via edreams after full payment, I have seen numerous on other sites. I did try contacting the company on the UK contact number, but offices where now closed. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

barcelona
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: eDreams Complaint.

I need to correct myself - they agreed to knock the whole debit card booking fee instead of the half I wrote before - in all the stress they are causing me my maths skills temporarily deserted me!

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: eDreams Complaint.

rok, next time don't pay with a debit card. They took the money from your account almost immediately so now you're left with a mess to resolve. A credit card would be better since you could always put the transaction in dispute.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,603 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: eDreams Complaint.

not really sure I understand your worries. As they refused to take payment from your debit card, I take it you haven't paid them anything. If this is the case, why not just book a flight direct with the airline (as recommended to do anyway), then you will not be stranded in London.

barcelona
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: eDreams Complaint.

Thanks. i haven´t got a clue what they´ve taken from where yet. I can get it back from debit card anyway, even if it takes 6 months.

Edreams have gone home for the night, my bank is closed in UK and I´m in Barcelona, its a right pickle!

I always try and go through the airline if I can but it wasn´t happening with this one, it doesn´t always work that way.

I´ve had more than my fair share of internet flights and never experienced anything like this before.

barcelona
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: eDreams Complaint.

They cancelled the booking this morning and never, at any point, gave me an explanation as to how they expected me to pay them by bank transfer in such a short space of time... Back to square one!

My advice would be to never trust this company with one penny or one minute of your time.

Te Anau
Level Contributor
2 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: eDreams Complaint.

It seems if you are making last minute bookings there is a problem. We booked 3 seats, Zurch to London from NZ via the EDreams web site for September. No problem with the booking or payment and BA have confirmed the seats and flights. Remember there are thousands of bookings each day and things happen. I was once robbed in Barcelona but that dosnt mean I wont go there again, just means I am more careful

17. Re: eDreams Complaint.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2010, 22:38
London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: eDreams Complaint.

I booked a flight for my mother in law from Amsterdam to London return through eDreams and received confirmation of the cost on email. eDreams then proceed to use my credit card details to book the outbound flight with BA and the return with Easyjet, followed by an admin fee. The problem was that eDreams booked the wrong Esyjet flight at a much higher rate. They then rectified this by booking the correct Easyjet flight but without reimburising the much higher booking. This has in effect left me out of pocket by almost double the cost that they confirmed.

Despite many calls to their contact centre (approximately 6 lengthy calls), a number of emails with evidence of their error (booking references, bank screen shots, etc) and promises of action, I am still out of pocket a month on from the original booking.

I have almost given up as i am no longer receiving any communication from eDreams despite having 3 individuals names who promised to resolve this problem.

This is a warning to all out there that what may appear to be a reputable company offering a good deal may not be all that it appears to be.

If anyone has any ideas as well, they would be greatly appreciated

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: eDreams Complaint.

lodge a dispute with your credit card company and next time research the companies you buy from BEFORE booking.

Geochang
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: eDreams Complaint.

I can absolutely tell you to steer clear of them. They recently showed prices - June 2010 - on their Uk website in Euro - I booked a ticket and when the reservation fee hit my e - mail inbox it was the same amount but this time only in Euro. I complained - followed their own procedure - sent them a snapshot of the website the following day. They then changed it and still wanted me to pay in sterling. I am now waiting for a refund and started reporting them to authorities. If you are on a tight budget and may end up waiting for refunds etc. - this is not the agency to deal with - fraudulent on more than one point but very slick - safe traveling - traveler 8 - Seoul