We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eDreams Complaint.

UK
5 posts
Save Topic
eDreams Complaint.

Just this evening, I purchased 3 tickets for a trip away to Riga from LHR via the edreams uk site - what a big mistake I feel 've made! I only started to worry after the email i recieved. The email stated that although the reservation is confirmed, a problem has been encountered in actually processing payment. I immediately contacted my cc who confirmed 35 GBP had gone through but not the full amount including the airline tickets. This I believe is the booking fee (which you only find out about once you get the final confirmation page). So, what problem did they encounter with payment?? they've taken a 'booking fee' but not booked anything! I doubt anything is confirmed / resevred. I began reading through the FAQ on the website and other forums including this one with all the bad experiences people have had and although, no one here has mentioned (or seen a post) not being able to actually fly after via edreams after full payment, I have seen numerous on other sites. I did try contacting the company on the UK contact number, but offices where now closed. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: eDreams Complaint.

Why not just book directly with the airlines, Ba fly to Riga from LHR and the dreaded Ryanair have daily flights from Stanstead.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: eDreams Complaint.

I have to say I was quite surprised reading through this topic, I've used the Italian version of edreams for years to book flights and have never had a probelm and have certainly never had to send credit card details and passport details by fax.

Nara, Japan
1 post
Save Reply
33. Re: eDreams Complaint.

YOU SHOULD NOT USE E-DREAMS !

I asked to cancel my flight 7 days before departure, they kept to refuse it by unknown reasons. The reason was destination was not Japan? ....?

A customer should have a right to cancel his ticket. I had some omen because their price was unclear and repeatedly increased by unexplained taxes on booking. Some of them ordered me to ask direct to the airline! Lufthansa confirmed that this is a refundable one.

They did not agree with cancellation. A week has passed since the departure day. I could not ascertain whether my flight had been canceled or not. I have sent mailed many time to customer service and claim report to get refund, but they did not accept me and seemed to be waiting for my give up. The international call is invalid from Japan. Some of readers may have good impression for e-dreams in this form, but you will inevitably experience what I had on cancellation.

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: eDreams Complaint.

Unauthorised fees of GBP 80.00 that they have charged on my credit card after i confirm my payment. I got shocked that the screen of payment fees apeared just after i entered all my credit details and agreed for a payment. i mailed to them but not a good response (they are saying that it is our administration fees !). phone numbers listed on the websites are also not working. if i would know about the charges then i would not have booked the tickets through eDreams.PLS NEVER BOOK THE TICKETS FROM THIS CHEATING AGENCY !

i even would like to take actions against them but don't know about where should i lodge a complaint, if anyone has any idea about this then pls let me know.

Regards

Amar

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,429 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: eDreams Complaint.

File a dispute with your creditcard provider. If the charges indeed are unauthorized, it should be an open-and-shut case.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,007 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: eDreams Complaint.

The T&Cs are here...

www.edreams.net/edreams/us/call_center/…

It appears they charge once for the ticket and again for their fees.

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: eDreams Complaint.

Dont bother contacting them they will run you around and eventuayl tell you its your fault I have bee ntrying to have an incorrect booking corrected which made by Edreams after a double booking cancellation ,since last january they changed by original direct flight booking to an indirect flight on another airline which arrives in Venice 14 days after our cruise ship sails. we will have completed the cruise and travelled to london by this time .They claim I made the booking which is absolute rubbish I had already made six airline bookings on the same trip through Edreams without any mistakes I would advise all travellers NOT TO DEAL THROUGH EDREAMS they provide no support or back up and cover up their in house mistakes and blame the customer when you try to tell them about the mistake. The claims department must be on Siesta all day everyday because they do not resolve anything . I t seems that all vclaims are refered to the supervisors who remain nameless and have the policy of covering up in house mistakes so that Senior Management does not discover them . I intend to write a full report from some 20 or 30 emails I have sent over this one problem as a travel warning to others They also double charged us for one booking resulting in another claim being made fortuneately this one has been

resolved

So you see they do make mistakes its just that they do not admit to them and the customer pays

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: eDreams Complaint.

Hi MGUK,

I had a same problem as you faced. Only after giving all credit card details and booking they have disclosed the booking fees which is really substantial (almost 30%) of the value of tickets. I lodged a complaint but nothing has happened. I would like to take some actions against them but don't know how? if you have any idea then pls share.

Thanks

Amar

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: eDreams Complaint.

Iam also cosidering taking some action as this company has too many complaints against it and we all cant be wrong . Maybe the best way would be for all people effected and who want something done about it is to check if we joined to-gether ,would we have case for a Class Action against the company It would take a considerable amount of unhappy customers for this to happen

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: eDreams Complaint.

I agrre with you travellers should never book through Edreams I have been trying to get some asction since the 12 january with no success maybe 20 or 30 emails to thenm and claim forms filled in. They booked an incorrect flight from Vienna to Venice to replace a booking they cancelled . That is what we originally booked but they changed it to be Venice to Vienna and then return Vienna to Venice a flight that arrives at our destination Venice 14 days after we leave We have had to book another flight but never again with edreams this company has no ethics they ask you to make a claim then they fail to act they have a standard reply and always say it is the customers fault. In my case they advised me of our original flight cancellastion the day after they booked the incorrect flight but they will not admit the mistake so we are out of pocket over A$1000

Any idiot can see that no one makes a booking to arrive at a destination 14 days after they are due to leave

The supervisors who remain nameless cover these mistakes by not informing Senior Management that they are happening

This company should be deregistered when you read the number of compaints that are posted about it

Legal action should be taken by all who have been affected by

TRAVELLERS BE WARNED YOU DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY AT YOUR OWN PERIL IF THERE IS APROBLEM DO NOT EXPECT TO OBTAIN A FAVOURABLE RESULT and nit will cost you because from the responses posted on the net the customer is always to blame

I dont know how so many of us could always be so wrong

By the way I have made many other bookings with this compasny but after this experience there will not be any more go to Expedia or similar