We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eDreams Complaint.

UK
5 posts
Save Topic
eDreams Complaint.

Just this evening, I purchased 3 tickets for a trip away to Riga from LHR via the edreams uk site - what a big mistake I feel 've made! I only started to worry after the email i recieved. The email stated that although the reservation is confirmed, a problem has been encountered in actually processing payment. I immediately contacted my cc who confirmed 35 GBP had gone through but not the full amount including the airline tickets. This I believe is the booking fee (which you only find out about once you get the final confirmation page). So, what problem did they encounter with payment?? they've taken a 'booking fee' but not booked anything! I doubt anything is confirmed / resevred. I began reading through the FAQ on the website and other forums including this one with all the bad experiences people have had and although, no one here has mentioned (or seen a post) not being able to actually fly after via edreams after full payment, I have seen numerous on other sites. I did try contacting the company on the UK contact number, but offices where now closed. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: eDreams Complaint.

I really hope you haven't cancelled you passport especially if you haven't even given the details to Edreams !!! Sounds as if you got a right muppet at the passport office with some distinctly idiotic advice which could cost you a LOT of money, whats a new passport cost these days, about £80?

As it happens eDreams are a real (Spanish) travel business doing business worldwide via the internet, though with questionable business practices regards selling tickets, plus a tendency to request scans of passports and credit cards (which I do think is an ID theft issue should anyone ever break into their systems), but they arent out and out scammers doing this to steal your passport details.

Now if its just that they wanted your passport number, well as Lex said, so do many travel agents and airlines.

So, did you actually send them you passport details (not scans)? Even if you did I wouldn't worry about it and lose £80/passport, (especilaly if you didnt fax anything) you could easily have booked with them or Expedia or many other agencies and done this anyway.

Of course, if you did send off scans of your passport to any company well more fool you in my opinion though many have done so.

Next time though, why don't you research into a company BEFORE giving them any info? And do you realise what a cheek it is going to a high st travel agency to ask them about your interactions with an internet company?

Paignton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
62. Re: eDreams Complaint.

First of all it wasnt a high travel agency.. just a local one but i have been studying travel and tourism for 4 years now and i havnt even known any company to ask for passport details before booking..

they asked us to put in our names, date of birth and passport numbers in just to get a full price.. and we did so because the websites isnt a well known one we went to check it up before booking.. and they just gave us the best advice...

And We usually do tend to look up companies before booking.. and my sister spoke with them on the phone got passed to 3 people one told her she can book over phone, the other said that we couldnt book over phone and they didnt have any info on the flights.. soo this is why we had them checked up..

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: eDreams Complaint.

"i have been studying travel and tourism for 4 years now and i havnt even known any company to ask for passport details before booking.."

So despite your 4 years of study you don't know about Expedia? I'd ask for my tuition fees back then.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: eDreams Complaint.

I booked 2 flights with eDreams over xmas time from Barcelona to Las Palmas because a family friend recommended them. The BIGGEST mistake ever!! I was double charged to my credit card... once through the eDreams company (of course with their bookign fee) and once through the airlines company (without the booking fee). I'm still more than $500AUD out of pocket. DO NOT TRUST THEM! I have found a forum called "Independent Traveller" and the amount of forums on eDreams complaints is amazing!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,023 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: eDreams Complaint.

Rebecca what you need to do is contact your credit card provider and dispute any erroneous charges.

Just wondering why you didn't go direct to the airline and book with them in this case for a straight forward return flight? Not sure what exactly can be gained using a third party TA in such a simple booking.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: eDreams Complaint.

I contacted my bank after I couldn't get through to eDreams at the beginning of the week. As of today they will be putting it through to their Fraud Department. The reason we didn't book directly with the airline was because we didn't know anything about Spanish airlines and my boyfriends cousin (who apparently uses edreams all the time) recommended us to that site. He sat down with us and helped book the flights.... All in good fun until someone loses out.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,023 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: eDreams Complaint.

Indeed, you never know how bad a company is until something goes wrong and how they handle it. I'm sure eDreams does have satisfied customers out there but going by the amount of complaints it appears they aren't the best at resolving issues.

Hope you manage to sort out the extra charges with your bank.

southern england
Level Contributor
250 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: eDreams Complaint.

Why did you book first and then research the company ?

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
69. Re: eDreams Complaint.

Just read your posting do yourself a favour and do not make any bookings through Edreams you have a problem they will blame you I have been trying to resolve a claim with them since January 2010 the Managing Director will not reply to correspondence and the Manger Of Customer Satisfaction does not reply to mail sent to him.

This copany should be deregistered there is no customer service and if there is a problem you are on your own and the standard answer is that you caused the problem.

Read all the complaints on the internet we cant all be wrong

Edited: 02 March 2012, 01:11
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,023 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: eDreams Complaint.

"Just read your posting do yourself a favour and do not make any bookings through Edreams you have a problem they will blame you"

_____

Just out of interest Kaclifton, what was the nature of your complaint with eDreams?