We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flybe refunds for cancelled flights

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flybe refunds for cancelled flights

Has anyone received any refunds from Flybe as a consequence of flights being cancelled because of the volcanic ash and if so how long ago were the flights? I'm still trying to recover amounts due in relation to a flight on 17th April. I have made a claim, but have so far only received an automated response saying it may take up to 28 days!

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,591 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flybe refunds for cancelled flights

I had mine for a trip supposed to be on 20th April. I didn't even have to apply for it. They rang me the day before the flight was due to go to say it was cancelled, asked if I wanted to rebook, I said no, could I have a refund, they said yes, and sure enough it was credited to my credit card on 11.5, so took about 3 weeks.

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flybe refunds for cancelled flights

Did you apply by e mail or by phone for the refund?

Refunds were taking approx 4 weeks from time of requesting. Sounds like yours may have slipped through the next some how.

I suggest ringing their main switchboard on 01392 366669 and ask to speak to the refunds department so they can check your booking. Don't ring the call centre as you will be stuck in a queue for ages! Refunds are open 10am-4pm monday to friday.

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flybe refunds for cancelled flights

oops! I mean slipped through the "net" !!

Kirkwall, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Flybe refunds for cancelled flights

I got the same Email, i've tried ringing but you just get put on hold and after 20 mins I get fed up. My flight was for the start of May.

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flybe refunds for cancelled flights

As I mentioned, don't ring the Call Centre. You need to ring Refunds directly who are based at Head Office and you will not get stuck in a queue.

Switchboard is 01392 366669 (10-4pm)

6. Re: Flybe refunds for cancelled flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2010, 05:16